08 Vapor lock??

I just put a Clarke 2.6 gal tank on my 08.. Rode it for the first time on sat and about an hour into the ride, pretty slow tight technical stuff, It started to stall and fall on its face whenever i would hit the throttle.. I stopped and heard a hissing noise, Took the gas cap off and it had a ton of pressure in it, I looked at the fuel and looked like it was boiling, or like somebody had a blow gun at the bottom of the tank blowing bubbles into the fuel. i went back to the truck and disassembled the gas cap. reamed the vent hole out a bit and removed the check ball, rode the rest of the day without a problem.. Has anybody else ran into this with a clarke tank or gas cap??

i ran into this problem on my 07 with a vented line on the cap with check ball thingy rattle thing.....ditched it problem gone

I ditched the check ball too, Im going on a weekend ride this upcoming weekend and wanted to amake sure the problem was solved as i wont have time to get out again before i leave, Just wanted to see if anybody else had any problems with them.. Sounds like we both did the same thing..