Where to find good rebuild kit for carb?

Hi there, I have a 2006 crf450x. I am in the need of a carb rebuild kit. I have yahooed it and seem not to find any other kit, than the one on ebay.That one is for the 450r model and the jets and needle are not the same. If any body could hook me up with one or direct me somewhere it would be nice.

Hi there, I have a 2006 crf450x. I am in the need of a carb rebuild kit. I have yahooed it and seem not to find any other kit, than the one on ebay.That one is for the 450r model and the jets and needle are not the same. If any body could hook me up with one or direct me somewhere it would be nice.

Define 'rebuild kit'?

Do you mean a jetting kit?

There is no all-in-one kit to replace worn/damaged parts for your carb.

Tell us what is wrong, and we'll tell you what you need.

K&L Supply has what most would refer to as a rebuild kit. It does not include jets etc. K&L does have those but separately. Another good source is Toykomods.

How could you need a rebuild kit for an 06?

How could you need a rebuild kit for an 06?

...if you store the bike outside, with old gas......

...if you store the bike outside, with old gas......

All due respect I still don't see it. Maybe if it was outside and was only ridden the day it was brought home from the dealer. I'm guessing once he gets in it he'll find he doesn't need a "rebuild" kit at all. So my advice, unless he knows what specific parts he needs already, is to open it up and start cleaning. Rarely do carbs of the last couple decades need kits for this type of thing.

yea, bought the bike used. it was sitting almost a year the guy says. Bike had stinky gas and varnish.Bike started occasionally. I cleaned the carb, I f'd up the float valve plate seal wit carb cleaner in the process. Put all back together ran few mins. does not start now.Starts when gas dumped in spark plug hole. hence no runny = buy carb parts kit, cause the cleaning didnt do it. Thank you everyone for help I found a kit for the 450r version, which some of the parts will work on the 450x