Rode my CRF 4 minutes yesterday & now i need a new Right Crankcase Cover!

So just as the title states i need a new Right Crankcase cover.... My Primary Drive Bolt decided to come loose :thumbsup: and well it didnt go over good. I thought the motor had locked up. When ever the case broke it lodged the chunk of casing against the clutch. Anyone ever had this happen??

I searched ebay and had no luck. Will a 450R Right Crank Cover work?

So just as the title states i need a new Right Crankcase cover.... My Primary Drive Bolt decided to come loose :thumbsup: and well it didnt go over good. I thought the motor had locked up. When ever the case broke it lodged the chunk of casing against the clutch. Anyone ever had this happen??

I searched ebay and had no luck. Will a 450R Right Crank Cover work?

R part won't fit.

Is the bolt you are talking about the one that has the metal tabs bent around it in the clutch?

Nope, its the one behind the allen head plug, down by your water pump.

I need A replacement right side crankcase cover... Wheres a good place to find one?? Used would be nice. So far i found a new one for $120ish

Nope, its the one behind the allen head plug, down by your water pump.

I need A replacement right side crankcase cover... Wheres a good place to find one?? Used would be nice. So far i found a new one for $120ish

CK WWW.bikebandit.com

I beleive mine was under $100.00? I loaned my bike out, and guy that broke it paid the bill.

Edited by philbrooks
add
CK WWW.bikebandit.com

I beleive mine was under $100.00? I loaned my bike out, and guy that broke it paid the bill.

What caused yours to break, and i woulda made that guy pay!! dam There about $130 from bike bandit

There about $130 from bike bandit
Cheapcycleparts dot com is $114.60
What caused yours to break, and i woulda made that guy pay!! dam There about $130 from bike bandit

Oop's, I mis-read your post. It was my ignition cover that was cracked, not the inner case. And yes, the guy that broke it paid for it, I never saw the bill for the parts, but was told it was around $100.00 w/gaskets.

My brother busted up mine at the Starvation Ridge 24 on a B.A.R. (Big A$$ Rock) in which it was the trans cover, clutch hub, basket, clutch cover, broken fiber plates, bent steel plates, and broken clutch pressure plate/hub, as well as a few other parts. Total bill was well over $700. So don't feel bad. It could be worse.

i went riding with a new rider i met. he had a sick running KTM and I mean sick in a bad way. To boot his skills were not great either. He couldn't make it up a hill so I rode his bike up the hill and told him to ride my 06 crf450x up the hill. he dropped it cracking the clutch cover so slightly i didn't notice it. Thirty miles into the ride he runs out of gas. Now hes riding bitch and we are in 5th gear on a dirt road doing about 50 mph when the back tire fully locks up. Thats what happens when you have no tranny oil. Totally fried my tranny and top end. to add insult to injury, 2 months earlier I had done the top end.

I've learned to inspect for leaks and cracks after a drop/ crash and to keep JB weld in your pack.