Sign in to follow this  

Wr450r!?

How many of you out there have wished for a bigger WR250R? How many of you have written Yamaha about it? I know it's probably like pi**ing in the wind, but I wrote them and expressed serious interest in such a bike, and even specified things like good suspension, EFI, 3 gallon fuel tank, wide ratio 6 speed, etc. I got a reply from Diana Cortez, customer relations rep, at the address of Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, 1270 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144. Imagine if she got hundreds of similar letters? Thousands? It only cost me a few minutes and a stamp. What fun!

Edited by ordinaryguy
spelling

What was Diana Cortez's response? :thumbsup:

Yeah...dude, you gotta spill if you got something like that after making us all look. :thumbsup:

Oops, sorry - I will copy her response when I get home tonight, but basically she said they were very interested in consumer interest and response, blah, blah, blah - one letter won't do much, obviously.

Here is the letter I got from Diana Cortez:

"We know you have many choices in the market today and we truly appreciate the confidence you've shown in Yamaha by choosing our product. We hope to maintain that confidence and give you good reason to remain a loyal and satisfied customer.

We strive to build products and provide services, not only for their practical nature but also for the fun they provide. We follow that goal while meeting market demands. We rely on feedback from our customers so we can continually monitor and improve in any area that may be necessary to meet their needs and expectations.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your ideas regarding the WR450R- I will forward your comments to the appropriate personnel. Thank you for your letter and for your continued support of Yamaha products."

I had mentioned that I had a TW200, and was looking at the new Husqvarna TE610 among others, but liked my Yamaha. If you write a letter and get a response that's word for word what I got, oh well - who knows?