Horseshoe Reservoir Dam

Arizona

A Tonto ranger waved me over to him after seeing my son and I cross under the spillway at Horseshoe on Sunday afternoon. He told me they will be shutting the passage down soon for everyone. This is very disappointing news as it is one of the highlights of living in the area. Must be one of those bureaucratic/liability/insurance BS reasons to further shut down public access to “their” land.

Beware if you are doing the Sheep’s Bridge loop clockwise as soon you may no longer be able to get through and can get into a low fuel situation if you need to go back.

DSC01798.jpg

That blows! I love crossing under the spillway.

820973071_A5bNd-L.jpg

820973772_RefDF-L.jpg

Just great. I do that loop from my house in New River. When I first moved here I was amazed at the amount of riding areas to be had, just 5 years later it looks more and more like Ca. Public lands, yeah right.

Just great. I do that loop from my house in New River. When I first moved here I was amazed at the amount of riding areas to be had, just 5 years later it looks more and more like Ca. Public lands, yeah right.

That is exactly how I feel about it too. I think you would be hard pressed to be able to do anything like this in CA, without being arrested for "domestic terrorism" or some such nonsense offense.

Go to the land use meetings ??

Unless somebody protests this kind of thing they will keep doing it.