Sign in to follow this  

09 yz125 suspension

I have an 09 yz125 and an 07 kx250 and the 125 suspension is gettin alittle whopped out and i feel like I Can't corner right. I can't take any advice from people at the track because they all tell me different shit. Any advice on what i should do?? I weigh 175 and im 5"10

I have an 09 yz125 and an 07 kx250 and the 125 suspension is gettin alittle whopped out and i feel like I Can't corner right. I can't take any advice from people at the track because they all tell me different shit. Any advice on what i should do?? I weigh 175 and im 5"10

Need more info:

what are you set at now?

Compression?

Rebound?

Race Sag?

Fork height?

And what exactly do you feel is happening that you want to remedy?

Need more info:

what are you set at now?

Compression?

Rebound?

Race Sag?

Fork height?

And what exactly do you feel is happening that you want to remedy?

I feel like i need the bike to be alittle stiffer all around. I'm mainly conserned on corner speed at this point. So if you know any good set up for cornering once again im 17 years old i'm 5 10" i weigh 175 lbs and i currently have the suspension bone stock i'm affraid to mess with it because i don't have any experience with it. thanks!

On my 05 yz125 I raise the forks 3mm's in the clamp from stock, and set the sag around 95mm's for motocross conditions. I'm 5'9" and weigh 180. I use .44 fork springs, and a 4.8 shock spring.

I revalved my forks on the firmer side. The shock has stock valving but also needs a slightly stiffer revalve.

Stock springs should do the trick for your measurements. Just add preload to rear spring until your race sag is around 96-98mm and raise the fork tubes so that you can easily see the first circle groove on tubes (instrcutions are on user manual). It will turn much better than stock.

Clickers:

Shock rebound: 7-8 out.

Shock comp: 12 out.

Shock HS: 1 turn out.

Fork clickers in manual settings.

Not sure how aggressive or what type of track you ride but here are the settings I used that worked good for me, I'm about 165#'s

Fork:

comp -10

rbd - 5

oil - 340cc

springs - stock

5mm up in clamps

shock:

HS - 1.5

LS - 13

RB - 10

Sag - 98mm

spring - stock

You can try these settings but I would say you will probably need stiffer fork springs depending on the track and how you ride.

You can go to the next stiffer rate and just use one stiffer spring and one stock to start out with, also if you do go to the next stiffer spring and the fork feels harsh in braking bumps and small chop, drop the oil level 10cc's. This should get you started