How often should i change my oil in my yz259f if i put synthetic in it

should i change it the same as reg oil or wait a bit longer

you have a 259? i use full synthetic race oil in mine but i still like to change the oil every like 6 to 8 hours. i dont think it needs it that often but i baby my bike and would rather change the oil more often than rebuild it more often.

It depends on what kind of riding you do and in what conditions. If I ride my bike in the sand dunes or conditions where there is extreme drag on the engine the oil gets changed after that ride. Usually 4 hours. I too baby the oil and maint. on the bike, but if you do these bikes will run forever and ever.

i meant 250 but i hit 9 instead of 0

Viva la yamaha

:thumbsup::smirk: yeah i kinda figuired that was what happened. yeah like got said earlier if you baby your bike it will give you many fun hours of ridding. changing your oil on time or early is an easy way to keep it in tip top shape.

ya haha i do baby my bike. AND dont changing your oil make you feel better inside and you feel more completed

haha yes, it does make me feel better. If i dont keep everything in tip top shape on her i just feel bad lol. that soudns dumb, but i just dont feel like having to rebuild it or do any other large tear downs on it

ya i know what ya mean. in other means do you put a full quart of oil in your 250

It’s an interesting argument. Obviously using the best oil and changing it frequently is the ideal. I wonder if, cost was a major issue, changing more often with a lower spec oil would be better or worse than leaving high spec oil in longer. Very hard to quantify.

I use full synthetic Shell, Ultra (Top of the range). It costs A$90+ per L, in Aus. Only Motul 3100? Is more expensive. I change it every 2 – 4 hours and half of this time is in reality warming up, cooling down and drying after washing. (probably 2 meetings = 6 laps of practice, and 6 10 min Motos)

Excessive maybe, but cheap insurance (well, cheapish) against expensive repairs and more importantly, premature performance drop off. The oil does not look brand new when it comes out.....

ya i know what ya mean. in other means do you put a full quart of oil in your 250

yeah i put in a full quart, why how much do you put in? And yeah it seems like cheepish insurance. 4 hours though even seems a little short to me. i wait atleast 6 usually. thats probably my normal length before i change it

i put a quart. what do you mean every 6 hours, like of riding, cause i change mine ever 4 rides

i put a quart. what do you mean every 6 hours, like of riding, cause i change mine ever 4 rides

Do you have an hour meter? - you should.

since amsoil says their product is only good for 5 hours. i would tend to think that value or less.

call their tech line and ask that specific question.

I have read many threads, many opinions, many advices, many service manuals about the oils.

I just ask it once last time, what do you suggest to use?

Easy enduro use, central-eastern Europe, 20-30 celsius degree, '05 YZ250F.

Do you suggest to use 10W50? The former owner was a raced my bike, he always put Mobil1 in it.

Do you have better choice?

i use lucas synthetic motortcycle oil

There are honestly so many different ois out there, and half of them are the same oil with a different name on it. Im not saying go cheap but most of the decent oils are all made by the same company. If you look at a bottle of Yamalube it will say right on the back of the bottle that its produced by Spectro corporation. As long as its a motorcycle approved oil and not super cheap crap oil its all the same in my book.

Im running Castrol Activo semi synthetic to flush the engine for the first 2 oil changes since I JUST started running the 03 250F I picked up, but Ill be switching too Klotz 10w40 full synthetic motorcycle oil from then on.