Parting out

I have an 05 YZ250F that I have been trying to sell. It really hasn't moved though.

I was considering parting it out. Everything is in good shape. How much might I net from doign this, and are there parts that I would be stuck with forever?

The only real money that you will make is on the engine, rads, carb, forks and the wheels. Everything else goes for cheap, not to mention the time it takes to disassemble and clean each part. I ended up selling some of my parts overseas to get ride of them, which is a pain in the a$$ when shipping.

I will never part out a bike again...

Anyone interested in 01 YZ426 frame?

What condition is the bike in, and what is your asking price?

The only real money that you will make is on the engine, rads, carb, forks and the wheels. Everything else goes for cheap, not to mention the time it takes to disassemble and clean each part. I ended up selling some of my parts overseas to get ride of them, which is a pain in the a$$ when shipping.

I will never part out a bike again...

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I will sell it whole then, I'm trying to avoid having a brake pedal for that bike 30 years from now. :thumbsup:

What condition is the bike in, and what is your asking price?

It's in good condition. Mechanically it's great. Valves are good, Wiseco piston is only 25 hours old. I ride slow so it's good for another 50 hours minimum.

I started at $2250. Currently asking $2000.