Rekluse Pro - YZ250 Installation With Pictures

I wanted to ask about plate life. Your saying its better than stock?

When properly set up clutch plate life is well extended

I don't know if you did this but when I was looking at your pictures you forgot to bend the third tab of the lock washer down on the inner hub nut. If you forgot that thing will come loose and destroy your clutch so hopefully you did this , just making sure , hate to see this happen to you. There is a flat spot on the inner hub to lock the ring in when you bend it downwards.Again just hoping that you did it! Good luck and have fun!

I don't know if you did this but when I was looking at your pictures you forgot to bend the third tab of the lock washer down on the inner hub nut. If you forgot that thing will come loose and destroy your clutch so hopefully you did this , just making sure , hate to see this happen to you. There is a flat spot on the inner hub to lock the ring in when you bend it downwards.Again just hoping that you did it! Good luck and have fun!

wow, good eye :thumbsup:

i actually caught that after putting in the plates. rewind was only a few minutes but well worth it.

I talked to a guy at rekluse last week and he said the honda plates only work on four strokes and there isn't a dirrect swap for my bike (05 YZ250) so I went ahead and ordered the rekluse plates...is this true or was he a little misinformed? or just trying to sell parts!?

also does anyone have experience with the rekluse friction plates?

The yz250 uses the same friction plates as yz/wr 426/450s. I don't know about the steel plates.

wow, good eye :thumbsup:

i actually caught that after putting in the plates. rewind was only a few minutes but well worth it.

Ah nice:thumbsup: Glad you caught that...could have been bad, have fun !

used this installation guide along with the manual to install the rekluse into my 08 WR450F.

The manual was good, but pictures are better!.. thanks for taking the time to put it all together... it helped a lot!

dan

also does anyone have experience with the rekluse friction plates?

I like them. They tend to be a bit grabbier, which I like.

They also tend to keep you a little more honest. If you are a gear higher than you really should be the clutch with get a little noisy like a KTM four stroke does. In time you sort of automatically become more attune with your clutch than perhaps you would be without the little warning noise.

used this installation guide along with the manual to install the rekluse into my 08 WR450F.

The manual was good, but pictures are better!.. thanks for taking the time to put it all together... it helped a lot!

dan

:)

I gotta say thank you for the step by step. I installed my Z start yesterday with my laptop and Rekluse manual by my bike. Piece o' cake installation.

:excuseme: