which Oil filter ?

Well i'm tired of paying $12 at my local dealer for a chinsy filter. I've been wanting to get a reusable / stainless oil filter for a while. I thought i read on here the census was everybody used the Scotts? But then i cant find it in the TT store anywhere, give up, and go back to the dealer :thumbsup:

Which reusable filter are you guys using, and is it available here?

( I want to put in a 'big' order, new tires, bars, filter, plastics, seat, etc... :lol: )

Check out Ready Racing's Filter...and you get a blinging cover to boot. :thumbsup: They use to have issues with using the stock o-ring and the after market cover leaking, but I think they switched out to a larger one that solved the problem. I know they shipped me a couple of the larger o-rings after I purchased mine over a year ago and haven't had a problem since.

Check out Ready Racing's Filter...and you get a blinging cover to boot. :lol: They use to have issues with using the stock o-ring and the after market cover leaking, but I think they switched out to a larger one that solved the problem. I know they shipped me a couple of the larger o-rings after I purchased mine over a year ago and haven't had a problem since.

Will it work with a JAGG oil cooler? my cooler uses the filter cover adapter. I have also been considering a stainless filter but I have had a few people tell me that they do not filter as good as the stock filters.:thumbsup: I definately do not want something that is not going to filter my oil good!

Deff dont use SS, its your baby! I use tusk filters and dont doubt them for a second.

Deff dont use SS, its your baby! I use tusk filters and dont doubt them for a second.

Do they not have the same filtering capabilities of oem / style filters??

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=crf450x+%22oil+filters%22+buy :thumbsup:

How small, in microns, does a filter not retain? Do any of the passing micron-sized particles block any engine areas or passages? No, because that isn't an issue.

Like oil choice, I seriously wouldn't over-think, or over-engineer the solution. Tusk or Parts Unlimited or Emgo are all fine, IMO. Stainless is fine, if you enjoy cleaning oil filters.

I prefer inexpensive, disposable paper filters. If I spend $100 per filter, it's not going to aid my engine one iota.

Besides, Parts Unlimited filters use "German paper, English glue and Japanese zinc steel "...but what about the rich, Corinthian rubber?! :lol:

http://www.procycledepot.com/content/p/8/catid/10027/pid/89805/PARTS_UNLIMITED_OIL_FILTERS?item=1820050

E010021.jpg

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=crf450x+%22oil+filters%22+buy :thumbsup:

How small, in microns, does a filter not retain? Do any of the passing micron-sized particles block any engine areas or passages? No, because that isn't an issue.

Like oil choice, I seriously wouldn't over-think, or over-engineer the solution. Tusk or Parts Unlimited or Emgo are all fine, IMO. Stainless is fine, if you enjoy cleaning oil filters.

I prefer inexpensive, disposable paper filters. If I spend $100 per filter, it's not going to aid my engine one iota.

Besides, Parts Unlimited filters use "German paper, English glue and Japanese zinc steel "...but what about the rich, Corinthian rubber?! :lol:

http://www.procycledepot.com/content/p/8/catid/10027/pid/89805/PARTS_UNLIMITED_OIL_FILTERS?item=1820050

E010021.jpg

+1

The real issue with stainless filters is that they do pass metal particles and grit that the paper filters dont, BUT the stainless filters pass tons more oil.

I use the oem style filters on ebay and change them often.

You can buy Hiflo filters on eBay for around $4 each.

Shipping was $9.71 on top of that.

Ouch!

Tusk oil filters for 3 bucks a pop does it for me!I change oil frequently and it is so much easier than cleaning the reusables!

<<Ouch! >>

That's where they all get you (with the shipping and handling charge), but even so, I'm still 50% off what the dealer was charging me ($13.25 each). If I had ordered more then 4, I probably could have saved a little more, but I wanted to see what the quaility was like first. Also the first time I ordered from them.

I always go a little light with compaines until I'm sure what the customer service is like.

Jim.

I buy the Hiflo (HIFLO FILTRO HF116) here at the TT store for 2.60 a throw. As good as OEM and as others have said, no cleaning required.

I buy the Hiflo (HIFLO FILTRO HF116) here at the TT store for 2.60 a throw. As good as OEM and as others have said, no cleaning required.

I'll order from here next time then. So far, with everything I've purchased (which has not been much yet), I haven't managed to find it on the store.

I just went back and looked to see why I didn't, and the parts chart only listed '04 - '08. I didn't relaize the '09's had the same filter till I looked at another site.

Jim.

You can buy Hiflo filters on eBay for around $4 each.

+1 on the Hiflo filters. Cheap and good if you change them regularly.

Job done.

well alrighty then, less stuff to clean in is good in my book :thumbsup Going to pick up a few of them from TT yay