Powder Coating?

I planning on having my frame powder coated black next winter, and need to know if the sanding, and powder coating is going to remove my VIN#. I don't want it gone.

sandblasting wont remove it... im not sure about the powder coating though... maybe you could write the vin number down just incase it does or engrave it deeper into the frame?

sandblasting wont remove it... im not sure about the powder coating though... maybe you could write the vin number down just incase it does or engrave it deeper into the frame?

I have a powdercoated frame (for sale BTW) - The VIN is readable, but its definitely tougher to read than it was originally.

take a piece of tape and cover the vin, spray the powder, then before baking peel the tape off, then bake, you will be left with a rectangle of original frame color but its hardly noticeable

take a piece of tape and cover the vin, spray the powder, then before baking peel the tape off, then bake, you will be left with a rectangle of original frame color but its hardly noticeable

That sounds like a good idea. The place I'm planning on taking it does custom motorcycles, so they may have some ideas as well. I had just touched up all my bare spots on my bike this winter with spray paint. After 1 ride in the mud it looks the same as it did before I painted.