Info/Advice on Primm to Vegas/Henderson

Nevada

As the title says, I'm looking for a good route to take from Primm to Vegas/Henderson. I'm doing a ride from Barstow area, have my tracks into Primm already but want input on the rest of the way in. I'm on a plated 450. I looked around and it seems that the BLM has most of the west side of the 15 closed off? Is this the case? I do have a track that goes east from Primm, through the mountains and ends in a neighborhood in Henderson. The Google Earth image is old though, and I don't know if there are any locked gates at the access points for the neighborhoods. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

there are several legal routes (and many not!) that you can take.

do you prefer to end up in Henderson or Vegas? how technical do you like it?

you can find lotsa ride reports covering these areas on my2wheels.com in the Ride Reports.

there are several legal routes (and many not!) that you can take.

do you prefer to end up in Henderson or Vegas? how technical do you like it?

you can find lotsa ride reports covering these areas on my2wheels.com in the Ride Reports.

Thanks for the tip on my2wheels.com. I'm reading through some of the RR there. I just can't seem to find an actual starting point or ending point for most of these rides? Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the area.

Although I like technical, I will be at the end of a 200+ mile day of riding, and don't want to get myself into anything too hairy at the end of the day. If I had a choice, I would prefer a route on the west side of the 15 to get me into Vegas, but I'm open to any legal route to get me into town. I'm having someone meet me with a truck to pick me up on the outskirts of town so I don't have to ride down the strip on my dirtbike. Just need to know a good legal route, so I can plan a location for them to pick me up.

THANKS for the help.

i would suggest leaving Primm on the East side of the 15. the North-East corner of the Primm area has a trophy truck type course (fun to see) and a good landmark. there's a dirt road that parallels the freeway. take that for about a 1/2 mile, then head NorthEast for about a mile to the railroad tracks.

there are trails on both sides of the tracks. pick whichever looks best (i prefer the East side); super easy to follow near them. take this to Jean (about 9 miles) where you take a left and cross under the freeway on pavement.

you can take the pavement about 3.5 miles to a fun powerline trail, or take the dirt trail that runs by along the wood power poles on the right. turn right onto the power line trail. this is about 18-20 miles until u get into the South end of Vegas.

there is a lot of construction in that area. u might be able to follow the railroad tracks during non-working hours. google shows Rainbow going thru almost all the way to the power line, but the construction is not complete. i have riden straight thru there many times with no problems.

easy spot to meet up with ur bud is at the gas station/McDonald's at Rainbow and Blue Diamond.

let us know when you're coming up and someone (or a few of us) might be able to meet you in Primm (or even in Baker) and ride along with ya!

Thanks. This is exaclty what I needed to know! You are THE MAN. I'm going to be riding up on Thursday, April 15th. I'm just not sure what time I'll get into Primm, but always up for riding company. Thanks again.

that's pretty neat. I've done some riding from Parker to 29 palms and Mojave road. One time rode Mojave Rd and stayed in Baker then rode back to Laughlin via an old gold mine town called Hart(?). Always wanted to ride to Vegas. Now I know it's possible.

Thanks. This is exaclty what I needed to know! You are THE MAN. I'm going to be riding up on Thursday, April 15th. I'm just not sure what time I'll get into Primm, but always up for riding company. Thanks again.

no worries. glad i could help. many in our group are going to be in Gold Point, NV for our annual Rally that weekend, so it might be hard to get someone to meet up with ya, but certainly not out of the question... of course not everyone can get up there. post up on the my2wheels site n see if anyone might be able to join ya.

that's pretty neat. I've done some riding from Parker to 29 palms and Mojave road. One time rode Mojave Rd and stayed in Baker then rode back to Laughlin via an old gold mine town called Hart(?). Always wanted to ride to Vegas. Now I know it's possible.

there are actually many ways to get from Baker or Primm to LV while staying all or almost all on dirt. just depends on how many miles u wanna go and how how difficult you want it! we have lost a bunch of land in the passt couple of years, but it still can be done.