Main reason for buying aftermarket exhaust?

Just curious on what is the main reason?

Looks?

Brand?

Power?

Replacement for damaged?

Price?

JIMMY

None of the above.

WEIGHT:thumbsup:

I would guess the main reason(s) would be power/power placement (such as high rmps or low) and noise.

To tailor/increase power and shed weight. Ofcourse, I'm talking about a 2t. I don't know how it works for 4t guys!

spark arrestor

Looks?

Brand?

Power?

Replacement for damaged?

Price?

JIMMY

Who's the survey for?:thumbsup:

My main reasons:

Ability to ride in forest/park trails

More power

In order of priority:

1. Power

2. Sound

3. Fitment

4. Looks

5. Replacement for damaged

6. Price is always a consideration

to look cool of course!!!!

For a exhaust system....it would be power first....then sound and looks does not hurt either.....

To get rid of the whole crappy thing Yamaha put on the 09 YZ450. Power/weight, weight centralization for handling, looks. Got a FMF Factory 4.1 on its way to me. :thumbsup:

For the bling effect and to lighten your wallet. :thumbsup:

For the bling effect and to lighten your wallet. :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly.

Looks?

Brand?

Power?

Replacement for damaged?

Price?

JIMMY

Replacement for damaged!

Paul

Cuz I'm a sheep and I buy whatever Dirt Rider says is kewl. :thumbsup:

Brian,

Because I'm curious. I've got this question out on a few boards. Really trying to see what drives exhaust puchases so I can learn how to better test them.

Next question to those who answered "power":

Is it for more?

or

Different delivery?

And how do you learn what a system will do to your power?

Aftermarket exhuast adds more power than stock and is also lighter. It never hurts to get a better sound out of it to

Brian,

Because I'm curious. I've got this question out on a few boards. Really trying to see what drives exhaust puchases so I can learn how to better test them.

Next question to those who answered "power":

Is it for more?

or

Different delivery?

And how do you learn what a system will do to your power?

Power wise, I look for a general increase in the overall powerband. Mainly more low end hit and more over rev, but any more the stock pipes do a rather good job, that a slip on yields little gain. A full system will give a noticable increase, but at what price? I currently run a factory 4.1 with a power bomb and for what I paid, it's worth the money to me. Personally, I think porting is the way to go, but that's just me. Remember kids, suspension first, then motor!

I never replaced the exhaust on my CRF250Rs, reason being I rode friend's bikes with different pipes and they did not feel any faster than my bike whatsoever.

Now every two stroke motor I've put a pipe on felt way better than stock, if I find a good deal on a Pro Circuit Works pipe for my 250 I would probably snag it.

i look at price. if i find a bike that is the preferred engine size and is in my price range i go and look at it and check everything that i can think of, motor suspension tires brakes and motor components. then i ride it of course. if all this is good then ill buy it. if it is cheap, decent looking, and has decent power ill take it. nothing else really enters in other than if its gonna need anything within the first season. if so ill try to jew him down on the price according to the parts needed. also do alot of research and check reviews and what not.