Main reason for buying aftermarket exhaust?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian,

Because I'm curious. I've got this question out on a few boards. Really trying to see what drives exhaust puchases so I can learn how to better test them.

Next question to those who answered "power":

Is it for more?

or

Different delivery?

And how do you learn what a system will do to your power?

Brian,

Because I'm curious. I've got this question out on a few boards. Really trying to see what drives exhaust puchases so I can learn how to better test them.

Next question to those who answered "power":

Is it for more?

or

Different delivery?

And how do you learn what a system will do to your power?

Power wise, I look for a general increase in the overall powerband. Mainly more low end hit and more over rev, but any more the stock pipes do a rather good job, that a slip on yields little gain. A full system will give a noticable increase, but at what price? I currently run a factory 4.1 with a power bomb and for what I paid, it's worth the money to me. Personally, I think porting is the way to go, but that's just me. Remember kids, suspension first, then motor!

i look at price. if i find a bike that is the preferred engine size and is in my price range i go and look at it and check everything that i can think of, motor suspension tires brakes and motor components. then i ride it of course. if all this is good then ill buy it. if it is cheap, decent looking, and has decent power ill take it. nothing else really enters in other than if its gonna need anything within the first season. if so ill try to jew him down on the price according to the parts needed. also do alot of research and check reviews and what not.