Sign in to follow this  

KTM Spring rates?

Just asking for other opinions on what springs you may use on an '06 KTM300 XC with the rider weighing 325 wo gear so probably around 350. He's just trail riding with an occasional HS. I'm thinking 10.6/.56 but don't know if the rear will be stiff enough. Thanks

doc

10.6 def. won't be up to that task on that chassis!!

I would contact cannon racecraft and see if they have any big ole boy springs:ride:

Or just basically balance the bike with the stiffest front/rear combo you can find and not even worry about sag numbers.

I ride a ktm 525 xc-w and weigh 300lbs with out gear 5.2 fork and 11.4 shock. I would go with the same springs I have as your bike is a good 25lbs lighter. Try lowe racing 1-888-766-0619 he uses cannon stuff and has those springs in stock at reasonable rates.

After talking with Cannon Racecraft I did go with the 11.4/.52 combo. Hadn't used any springs that stiff yet so was just making sure:thumbsup:

doc

Thats cool, When you put the springs in resist the urge to turn your rebound in as it also controls compression. Its more of a bleed port that affects suspension movement in both directions. I made that mistake when I first put my 11.4 on and it became almost unridable in the woops.

Thats cool, When you put the springs in resist the urge to turn your rebound in as it also controls compression. Its more of a bleed port that affects suspension movement in both directions. I made that mistake when I first put my 11.4 on and it became almost unridable in the woops.

Shockdoc is a well respected tuner and I'm fairly certain this particular customer will be getting a revalve with those f-550 springs:banana:

LOL no worries, yes he is deff. getting full revalves. Thanks for the help....:thumbsup:

doc

LOL no worries, yes he is deff. getting full revalves. Thanks for the help....:thumbsup:

doc

DO NOT over-tighten the powerband...:):lol::applause:

DO NOT over-tighten the powerband...:lol::thumbsup::)

Can I at least change the color then??:applause::lol:

doc