Keep built 06' YZF or let go and pick up an 08' or 09'

I have a built 06' YZ250f, (have had it since new). I love the bike, and have it setup really well for me. It has a 269BBK, ported head, higher compression, etc. I also have the suspension setup pretty well, and the bike has a new top end, new fork seals & oil, is jetted perfectly, but it is time for some new plastics/graphics, chain & sprockets, bearings, etc. The bike runs amazing and with me on it (145lbs) I have no problems chasing down 450's at the track or in the desert. I am trying to decide if I am better off keeping my current 06' and just go through it really well, or let it go and use the same money to pick-up a clean 08' or 09' or possibly try to get a good deal on a leftover 09'. I have heard that there is a big improvement in the handling department of the newer bikes, especially the 09' and a newer fresh bike would be nice, but then I end up with a stock bike again...what would you guys do?

The 09 was almost the same bike as the 06. But i think they put a new swingarm on them, you can alaways just find out what they changed and then get it on Ebay, there wont be alot of changes and stuff like that goes on Ebay for real cheap

keep it

Keep it and wait for EFI.

im most interested in how much better the 08/09 handles...I can build the motor again down the road but its a little tougher to really improve the handling I think...if I were to keep this bike is there anything I can do to make the bike turn/handle better? my suspension is setup well, sag is right, forks in the right spot. Maybe diff offset triples but are they really worth the money?

I wouldnt because there pretty much the same bike but with very few changes. The yzf's that are between 2005-2009 are the exact bike but maybe with a few changes to the muffler. But the 2010 is a completly new and diferent bike. I wouldnt if i were you. and buy the way the fi system didnt improve any thing for the 450's (performance wise) helped a little about jetting and tunning, but gas as far a im conserned it dont do anything

from the owner of a '06 built up, lots of money in it. LET IT GO LET IT GO. I was selling it begging of season but ended up keeping it because even if I sold it I still wouldn't have enough money for a new bike.

I wouldnt because there pretty much the same bike but with very few changes. The yzf's that are between 2005-2009 are the exact bike but maybe with a few changes to the muffler. But the 2010 is a completly new and diferent bike. I wouldnt if i were you. and buy the way the fi system didnt improve any thing for the 450's (performance wise) helped a little about jetting and tunning, but gas as far a im conserned it dont do anything

05 to 06 saw some big changes. :thumbsup:

05 to 06 saw some big changes. :thumbsup:

thats what i said

thats what i said

Really?

The yzf's that are between 2005-2009 are the exact bike but maybe with a few changes to the muffler.

NO NO NO Not same bike. a 06 has way more hours on it. Trust me if it hasn't started to fall apart it will or you a lot easier on your bike. Mine has just been one thing after another. After about 2 years the bikes just start falling apart. Nothing like a fresh new bike.

LOL, they fall apart if you dont take care of them.