RHC Valves w/Kibblewhite springs

so i found the whole kibblewhite Ti spring and retainer kit, with KW oversized valves inside my spare motor.

someone obviously spent a lot of money on this head at one time, wouldn't mind using the head but i don't want to use the Kibblewhite valves, could i just use the RHC OS valves with the kibblewhite spring/retainer kit?

this is going on a 06 SM, 450 BB, fcr 39, MRD

thanks

As far as I know the valve shape/dimensions/geometry is basically identical in the stem and stem tip among the various DRZ valve offerings so I don't see why not. Others will chime in though.

so i found the whole kibblewhite Ti spring and retainer kit, with KW oversized valves inside my spare motor.

someone obviously spent a lot of money on this head at one time, wouldn't mind using the head but i don't want to use the Kibblewhite valves, could i just use the RHC OS valves with the kibblewhite spring/retainer kit?

this is going on a 06 SM, 450 BB, fcr 39, MRD

thanks

I think you should get RHC springs you did spend a lit of money and you don't want problems down the road.

The quotes below are actually the nice ones about kibblewhite stuff, if you search the forum for info on their valves you will see it all.....

its like a juicy steak { RHC ]

laced with Arcenic { kibble dribble }

the RHC springs and retainers is quality gear

the kibblewhite springs are junk.

i just don't know what to do with this head, its had a lot of work done, putting in these oversized valves, the valve/spring kit and the porting. its a shame to not use this...

i'm calling kibblewhite to see what they have to say for there parts. all the reviews i read were good but they were from dirt riders, i think it would be different in the streets, with higher rpm. which might cause these to fail. either way i need a valve for this. maybe this would be good in a quad or on ebay!!!

well just talked to a kibblewhite rep. he said that he has sold at least 50 kits for a drz400 in the last couple months with no problems. he said this was the first time he heard there was a problem with there valves in a drz. i read him some of the replies you guys posted and he didn't know what to say.

i then asked him if he would guarantee there work? he said they would upon inspection of the cylinder head, if anything happened. so i said i need a new valve already, if i send you the head now will you inspect it, replace valve, check spring rates, etc. so that when i threw it on i would feel confident with it. he said yes. so he is going to talk to a tech and see when i can get this done, if at all! depending on what they charge me...

if you do a google search, i cannot find one bad review on kibblewhite stuff, what makes them so terrible in drz's, but do great on the crf, harley, triumphs, etc?

i think its all about the install in most cases! we'll see what happens, i am going to throw a stock head on for now...

what do you think the guys that make the stuff will say? do really think they will say anything other than its the best stuff?

you are tough guy to get thru to. if you arent gonna listen,why post?

yes most vendors of a product or manufacturer will say there's is the best, correct!

sometimes i am, i do a lot of reading... and i like to see what people have to say. its no big deal

ask your self this.....what caused the combustion chamber damage and piston damage the it has now?

use some common sense.

good luck!

honestly me being stupid adjusting the cam chain... along with a quick blurp of the throttle at the wrong time...

i guess im using a different google than you.enjoy.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kibblewhite+valve+breakage

how did you make that google video?

and i read most of those threads, it goes back and forth, i think it comes down to more or less the install. checking spring heights and pressures, etc do you not agree eddie? not saying that the KB stuff will last forever, but i can't see this stuff being on the market if it was completely junk...

I sometime wonder why people ask if they are only going to dispute the answers.

KB valves - controversy - most replies report they are junk.

RHC - again and again reported to be the best.

Why take the chance?

And if they haven't heard the horror stories of their product failures they haven't been listening.

well the tech guy called me back, and he seemed to know a lot more. he said he hasn't had a problem with drz valves in about 4 years. he said 4-5 years ago they were having problems with the intake valves recessing into the head. he also said he addressed this problem with a material/process and haven't had a problem since. all the threads i read were pretty old to be fair!

i then explained to him where i got my engine and that i had it sitting for at least 6 years not being used, that i might have the old valves. he said send me the valves and if they are the old style he will swap them out for me! that is great news if you ask me...

i then asked if i could send the whole head in to be tested completely and he agreed. sending it out today. i'll report what happens...

do you not agree eddie?

thats right,i do not agree.

so you already knew the head have valve breakage before? you pulled it,replaced the broken valve and put the head back on?

wow....................

you did tell the KW tech the head already suffered breakage before yes? i would love to be there when they open the box and see it.

thats right,i do not agree.

so you already knew the head have valve breakage before? you pulled it,replaced the broken valve and put the head back on?

wow....................

you did tell the KW tech the head already suffered breakage before yes? i would love to be there when they open the box and see it.

were going back 5 years easy and yes i did. didn't know much back then about 4-strokes. it wasn't even the same size valve, lol

i did tell KB yes