Sign in to follow this  

How do you clean the stator?

06 TE 450. I have never cleaned my stator before. I understand it is a periodic maintenance item. Apart from doing it in tandem with an oil change and taking the stator cover off, what do I actually do/clean?

Wow that is a great bit of feed back and exactly what I need. Thank you for posting Huskymad and a belated thanks to Dale.

Sorry to hijack but GHTE is the Ossa in your sig a Pioneer, they were awesome in the day probably better than the Bully and Montessa's back then...although the Bully six day replica was pretty good too.

Graeme

Its an OSSA ISDE 250 two banger Currently undergoing a rejuvenation.

How'd the stator cleaning go? Much in there? How many k's on the bike? Did you reuse the gasket?

I just like to be sure so i dont mess up and cant ride :thumbsup:

I will be doing this as well in the next week or so. I have never done it on my 07 510 so it'll be interesting to see how much is in there.

I will do it when I change my engine oil-1 more ride to go. That said can it be done if I lay the bike on its side with the oil still in or is that not recommended best practice

That said can it be done if I lay the bike on its side with the oil still in or is that not recommended best practice

yep, no problem doing it that way if your just going to wipe it out. :thumbsup:

I will do it when I change my engine oil-1 more ride to go. That said can it be done if I lay the bike on its side with the oil still in or is that not recommended best practice

thats what i did when i changed my stator cover! leaned it against a chair enough of a angle so the oil wouldn't leak out!