ims clarke pictures yz250 05 up please

as the title reads post up pictures on your bikes of the differnet tanks as i dunno which one to get and your thoughts thanks.. either way ill be going the clear one..

Nathan Woods 2005 YZ250 with Zip-Ty Tank

141_0503_04z+Nathan_Woods_Yamaha+Left_Side_View_Riding.jpg

Kudla4x's YZ250 with an IMS??

dsc02012y.jpg

l987dd7e9e1ece954e977bd.jpg

ld659344224664efea43f54.jpg

whats the Zip-Ty Tank never heard of them?

that white yz looks sweet as

I have a 2006 yz250 that i just redid. I installed the Clark 3.1 tank because they use the stock brackets for mounting unlike the IMS. I went with black because i do not like the clear look.

DSC04315.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

I dont have pics of my IMS, but Ive used both.. I think the consensus has been that the IMS is a cleaner fit than the Clarke, I know thats what I concluded.. Also, the Zip Ty is made by IMS :thumbsup:

Oh ya, and the V Force are a waste of 249.95 :lol:

clarke is a bit more of a nutbuster.

what mounts do the ims use? does the ims carry the fuel lower the clarke looks like it has a big neck...

what mounts do the ims use? does the ims carry the fuel lower the clarke looks like it has a big neck...

Both tanks use the OEM mounts.. I dont think there is much difference in the way they carry the fuel, but the IMS is shaped better which offers relief from surprise nut bustas :thumbsup:

I've had both, couldn't tell that much difference, current ride has the Clarke that has the quick fill conversion on it(in other words, it is set-up for a quick fill with an alum adaptor for a conventional cap). One thing I like about this is the separate vent tube so that you don't have to mess with it on the cap.

I personally, would buy whichever is the least dollars, one ride and you get used to them.

Both tanks use the OEM mounts.. I dont think there is much difference in the way they carry the fuel, but the IMS is shaped better which offers relief from surprise nut bustas :thumbsup:

Maybe on the newer bikes but my buddy has a 01 yz250 and i think you have to take out the front rad. bolt on the right side and mount it there and the left side does not have any mounting so only that 1 bolt and the little strap holds it in place.

Clarke 3.1 in bedpan clear

P1100753reduced.jpg

P1100759reduced.jpg

Clarke valdez 3.9 model on my 04

leftside39.jpg

rightside39.jpg

I have the 3.1g Clarke and its farkin great. I rode my bike for a week with the stock tank, then mounted up the Clarke, and didn't really notice any difference. I sit up on my tank in the corners no problem. It also bolted up perfectly.

The only complaint I have is the stock plastic cap. It looks like something you'd get in a dollar store or off a Chinese bike.

that 3.1 clarke looks good any ims pictures to compare?

Zip-Ty looks way way better! :thumbsup::lol:

OH.. Sorry, didnt realize we're talking about ancient artifacts here :thumbsup:

Very funny :lol: Thats the only year i have experience with but if im not mistaked it the same thing for the newer bikes? Correct me if i am wrong guys who have them on newer bikes.

Thats the only year i have experience with but if im not mistaked it the same thing for the newer bikes? Correct me if i am wrong guys who have them on newer bikes.

Just bustin yer balls a little cookie :lol: Id love to have a post vintage or vintage YZ :) In fact, if I could find one for a reasonable deal, Id get another 82 or 83 YZ 100 :thumbsup: My very first MX machine :applause:

clarke 3.1 fits well, august will be 4 years on same tank.

DSCN5262.jpg

Personally I think the ZipTy is the best tank out of all of them. It is made by IMS so it shares the high quality fit and finish that IMS is known for. It holds the fuel lower than any of the other OS tanks, and retaines the stock tanks profile inbetween the legs. The tank only sticks up a couple inches higher than the stock tank so it has less chance to squarsh your nuts and doesnt make the front of the seat rise very much at all. The only two downsides to this tank that I can see is the price (I paid $350ish for mine once it was all said and done, the regular non-drybreak tanks are cheaper) and that it makes it really difficult to access the spark plug without removing the tank.

I just bought a YZ blue ZipTy dry-break ready tank w/billet screw lid adapter for my 06 YZ. It sure does get spendy quick when you start messing with the dry-break stuff. I cant wait to get it!

Just bustin yer balls a little cookie :lol: Id love to have a post vintage or vintage YZ :) In fact, if I could find one for a reasonable deal, Id get another 82 or 83 YZ 100 :thumbsup: My very first MX machine :applause:

O i know you were,LOL

I would love to get another 1976 yz100, that was my first bike.