New rmx450z

I am amazed how Suzuki would finally join the other Jap models CRF450X, WR450 AND KLX450 with the new RMX450Z based off the rm-z model and you can't fully road register it. What a load of crap. Whats the point? I was exited to see Suzuki's new beast but was very dissapointed to find out these models are unregisterable (full reg). I own a Crf450R that is rec reged and have been thinking about getting full reg (more convenient on long trail rides and luxurys like stopping at the local bush pub for lunch ect..., hence getting myself an X ect... well i had the new RMX450Z high in my thinking as the reviews have been good. Not now. Okay it has electric start and would be similar to the other Jap enduro models but this machine has been let down dramaticaly by not meeting standards to fully register. I would be suprised if the sell more than 2 or these. What do you guys think?

hi,whats the difference between fully road reg & part road road reg..here in uk just need road legal tyres & a horn & quite exhaust,dont even have to have lights if used in the day time only.hows it work your way.i dont think there come road reg here either but not hard to do.maybe thats why i have not come across any here either.thing that dissapoints me with them is they come with standard wheels,thought this day n age they would of atleast come with black/blue rims

I think the 450x will need its own catagory,moderators ? :thumbsup:

hi,whats the difference between fully road reg & part road road reg..here in uk just need road legal tyres & a horn & quite exhaust,dont even have to have lights if used in the day time only.hows it work your way.i dont think there come road reg here either but not hard to do.maybe thats why i have not come across any here either.thing that dissapoints me with them is they come with standard wheels,thought this day n age they would of atleast come with black/blue rims

Hi fakesy, here in Australia we have road reg which can be ridden on any road, Highway, freeway ect... and we also have rec reg (recreational registration) which allows you to ride bush roads (not main highways ect...) all fire trail,tracks that are not in a built up area. What dissapoints me is that the rmx450z has all the bells and whistles but dos't meet the road reg standards that the crfx, wr, klx, ktmexc meets. Work that one out.

was kinda looking into one of these bikes myself. anyone took the plunge and purchased?

i took one out of the crate at work today and took it for a ride when no one was looking. i was very very unimpressed. i usually ride a 125 and it felt like it had as much peek power as my CR and was really heavy. i would never buy one

why do you guy's complain about it not being street legal!?!? it wasnt designed for street use, it was designed for off road racing. the engine is a detuned RM-Z engine, so you know it's going to require frequent maintenance just like the RM-Z. it's not like the DR-Z... the DR-Z was built for reliable lasting enduro use, the RM-X is a race bike, not a street machine.

i took one out of the crate at work today and took it for a ride when no one was looking. i was very very unimpressed. i usually ride a 125 and it felt like it had as much peek power as my CR and was really heavy. i would never buy one

Every article I've read about it says doing the basic mods supposedly opens this bike up. Add the Cherry Bomb and that really brings the beast out. I want one in the worst way, but couldn't get financing approved (long story there).

I could register it in my state for on road use too! Timing is everything, and I have no timing what-so-ever.

why do you guy's complain about it not being street legal!?!? it wasnt designed for street use, it was designed for off road racing. the engine is a detuned RM-Z engine, so you know it's going to require frequent maintenance just like the RM-Z. it's not like the DR-Z... the DR-Z was built for reliable lasting enduro use, the RM-X is a race bike, not a street machine.

Does not matter if it's not designed for street use or not. Not being able to fully register means police giving you a fine when they catch you out on the trail which totals to $500 for unregistered and if you are not licenced, or at least have a learners you can add another $500 to that. I can't speak for you guys overseas but here in Australia if your bike is not registered and you don't have a licence or learners your bike is not worth a pinch of sh** UNLESS!!! You have private property to ride on or you race, but as far as trail riding goes down here no rego no licence no go. Very strict.

it was intended to be more off road than on.

it might not be street legal (for some weird reason) where you live but that doesnt make it the center of the world or states that it is not road legal somewhere is.

It's road legal where I live, tough luck for you... :thumbsup:

Just like the WR450, stock the RMX is restricted and plugged up, and only pushes out about 17hp. Remove the throttle stop, take the quiet core out, open up the air box and install the Yosh Cherry Bomb ($40) and now you've got over 40hp and a bike that's faster than a WR / CRFx / KLX.

Of course, working at a dealership I'm sure that you knew all about that ...

it might not be street legal (for some weird reason) where you live but that doesnt make it the center of the world or states that it is not road legal somewhere is.

It's road legal where I live, tough luck for you... :lol:

Road legal in New Hampshire :thumbsup:

Just like the WR450, stock the RMX is restricted and plugged up, and only pushes out about 17hp. Remove the throttle stop, take the quiet core out, open up the air box and install the Yosh Cherry Bomb ($40) and now you've got over 40hp and a bike that's faster than a WR / CRFx / KLX.

are you serious?? only 17 stock?? i knew it didnt feel like much but thats crazy. the only thing i didnt know about was the cherry bomb.

are you serious?? only 17 stock?? i knew it didnt feel like much but thats crazy. the only thing i didnt know about was the cherry bomb.

The current Dirt Bike magazine has a test on one and they implied that that's about all it produces with the throttle stop installed. Those three mods and the cherry bomb will totally change the personality of the bike that you rode. :thumbsup:

My throttle stop was in the injection body: a bolt which needed a cut, that's all.

But I have a Valenti RMZ though. Fully road legal here in Europe. I ran it on the dyno and it has more than 50 hp at the rear wheel. Can't see why the RMX450Z would not meet the requirements.

I had dual sported it for three days, 20% road, 80% off-road. 13/48, it helt fine with the other bikes, being a KTM 690, 2 DRZ's and a TTR 600 and a TT350.

SAM_1906.JPG

SAM_1927.JPG

SAM_1929.JPG

Just like the WR450, stock the RMX is restricted and plugged up, and only pushes out about 17hp. Remove the throttle stop, take the quiet core out, open up the air box and install the Yosh Cherry Bomb ($40) and now you've got over 40hp and a bike that's faster than a WR / CRFx / KLX

thats what i read too...........just wondering how they are on the trails.

LOL! This is exactly why I don't take my bike to the dealership to get serviced; what a bunch of knuckleheads!

I picked up a 450Z a couple of weeks ago and it will be fairly simple to street legal the bike. No worse than the CRF450X I was riding a few years back. DOT tires, mirror, brake light. Really no big deal. I have replaced the tank with a 2.6 Gal. from IMS and that will get the bike approx. 80 miles or so down the trail. If there's a will there's a way. Heck, I just street legaled my KX500 last year. I think the bike would be too detuned if it were street legal out of the shop.