Dirtbike Police

In our fine state of MA we have about ........0 miles of riding space for recreational dirtbikes. (Im sure we have a few legal trails but none i heard of)

So the town next to me made this

http://www.billericapolice.com/dirtbike.php

Any other towns have something similar to this?

Nope. We have some rhino's and such, but no dirt bikes. Guess that's pretty cool if you're the cop who's riding it, sounds like Billerica needs to work on some public/private riding area's???

Where I live at the The Pasco County Sheriffs have about 10 grizzly quads.

That was a fun night I found that out lol....

Looking at that pic, they might want to invest in better tires if they want to really be able to chase down a properly kitted off-road bike ~

JM

Looking at that pic, they might want to invest in better tires if they want to really be able to chase down a properly kitted off-road bike ~

JM

Yea, I was gonna say good luck to the cop chasing the guy on the full blown MX bike.

+1 on the tires. Might work well on a dry day in July. this time of year, especially with all the rain you guys have had up there...good luck. :thumbsup:

Minnesota doesn't have anything like that but state (DNR) or local police will follow you with 4 wheel drives until the trail gets too tough. Then they will sit for an hour or 2 and wait for you to come out.

another waste of tax payer money

No local police around me have dirtbikes that I know of, but the USFS does have a DRZ-S in the fleet for patrolling Wayne National Forest here in Ohio.

The first thing I think of is when this D-bag is chasing me into the woods and washes the front end! it would be like ol smokey and the bandit! haha

No local police around me have dirtbikes that I know of, but the USFS does have a DRZ-S in the fleet for patrolling Wayne National Forest here in Ohio.

Oh dang. I didn't know that they had a DRZ. Just another reason why I'm deciding to be smart this year and put a spark arrestor on. I'm ready to hit the trails at Wayne next week!

JM

Just take him through a stream or some mud, he'll be on his side i no time. Even some rocky mining roads are hairy on street tires, I know, I did it. Inline-4 550 TWO UP is awesome on the street, when you're passing basketball sized rocks? Eh, not so much. Fun none the less.
Oh dang. I didn't know that they had a DRZ. Just another reason why I'm deciding to be smart this year and put a spark arrestor on. I'm ready to hit the trails at Wayne next week!

I've never seen him on the trail, just in the parking lots. Then again, I haven't been there since summer of '08. Been having too much fun racing enduros and riding dual sports. Wayne sux compared to that stuff.

So the question that I pose is this. Although the bike seems not all that great I'm sure given the right rider it could go nearly anywhere. Do they have anyone who could handle the trails on such a beast? It should be noted that there is a pretty good rider around those parts that could probably know how to handle a Suzuki. They may want to check in with him to see if he available.:thumbsup:

another waste of tax payer money

+1 Wouldn't a better solution be to spend some tax money to open up some OHV areas?

Some of our Sheriff's ride KTM's...

Out in Octillo Wells and Corral Canyons (San Diego Area) I see them all the time (even at night) Usually on BMW XCountry bikes that are fairly well tricked out. They have a group a quads and a few buggies that go out also. Usually as a team effort.

You typically see 2-4 bikes, 2 quads, and a Buggy in group near each other.

I think it is the local Sherrifs.

The area where we ride is patrolled by a Sherriff on a XR400. He is a very good rider and as far as I'm concerned,has the BEST job in the world!!! :thumbsup:

MA has 7 or 8 state forests to ride in leagally with a registration. $40 for 2 years for residents, $30 a year for non residents. Look it up mass.gov/outdoors...

I fondly remember the days of getting chased by Sheriffs on Yamaha IT465s when I was in my early teens at bullfrog flats. Even back in the early 1980s I lost those big bores in the trees on a lighter/more nimble bike (1984 KX125).:thumbsup: