Dirtbike Police

Looking at that pic, they might want to invest in better tires if they want to really be able to chase down a properly kitted off-road bike ~

JM

Yea, I was gonna say good luck to the cop chasing the guy on the full blown MX bike.

No local police around me have dirtbikes that I know of, but the USFS does have a DRZ-S in the fleet for patrolling Wayne National Forest here in Ohio.

Oh dang. I didn't know that they had a DRZ. Just another reason why I'm deciding to be smart this year and put a spark arrestor on. I'm ready to hit the trails at Wayne next week!

Looking at that pic, they might want to invest in better tires if they want to really be able to chase down a properly kitted off-road bike ~

JM

Just take him through a stream or some mud, he'll be on his side i no time. Even some rocky mining roads are hairy on street tires, I know, I did it. Inline-4 550 TWO UP is awesome on the street, when you're passing basketball sized rocks? Eh, not so much. Fun none the less.

Oh dang. I didn't know that they had a DRZ. Just another reason why I'm deciding to be smart this year and put a spark arrestor on. I'm ready to hit the trails at Wayne next week!

I've never seen him on the trail, just in the parking lots. Then again, I haven't been there since summer of '08. Been having too much fun racing enduros and riding dual sports. Wayne sux compared to that stuff.

So the question that I pose is this. Although the bike seems not all that great I'm sure given the right rider it could go nearly anywhere. Do they have anyone who could handle the trails on such a beast? It should be noted that there is a pretty good rider around those parts that could probably know how to handle a Suzuki. They may want to check in with him to see if he available.?

Out in Octillo Wells and Corral Canyons (San Diego Area) I see them all the time (even at night) Usually on BMW XCountry bikes that are fairly well tricked out. They have a group a quads and a few buggies that go out also. Usually as a team effort.

You typically see 2-4 bikes, 2 quads, and a Buggy in group near each other.

I think it is the local Sherrifs.