Bike wont idle

The idle screw is a little chewed up (it's plastic)...could that be what is making the idle hard to dial in?

You have a clogged pilot jet all that knob does is raise the slide up.

Fred...I torn down the carb, replaced the needle, air screw, blew out all the jets...it will idle for a while...then the next time I stop the idle will be high, so I adjust it...the next time I stop it stalls...***...

The tip of the screw is all buggered up..I didnt know if that would cause the problem

Sounds like a jetting issue try one size larger pilot if its too lean it will do that.

ok..I'll try that. I thought I might be a little fat on the bottom because of a slight bog, but i'll try it.

the plastic screw needs to be replaced too, a bike wont idle if the slide isnt raised up a little.

Since the screw is plastic, always open the throttle a little before turning the screw in. That will save the screw.

Since the screw is plastic, always open the throttle a little before turning the screw in. That will save the screw.

Thats a great tip...Thanks

Old thread revival....turns out it was time for a new top end. Once I put the new piston in it idled just fine.

That is a factor of mixture. The richer pilot would have worked for you too.

Worn piston rings often call for a bit richer idle and low speed mixture.

Your new top end would be the preferred fix, but it is a good point to keep in mind...

That is a factor of mixture. The richer pilot would have worked for you too.

Worn piston rings often call for a bit richer idle and low speed mixture.

Your new top end would be the preferred fix, but it is a good point to keep in mind...

good to know...I love learning these little tid bits