rm 250 nitrogen shock refill PSI

hi guys i have looked in my climber manual for my 91 rm 250 to try and find the nitrogen pressure for rear shock but cant seem to find it, any ideas guys would be much appreciated:ride:

150 lbs is the most common. If the bike is stock put 150 in it.

thanks for reply, just got to find someone who will do it now in the UK been ringing around bike shops all day even our main gas suppliers but no one will do it.

I called the local tire shop and they are willing to do mine, Les Schwabb.

maybe worth a try thanks buddy.

Push comes to shove you could always buy one of those small hand air pumps that the off road montain bike riders use on their shocks. They can generate more than enough PSI for you RM's shock. The only problem is that you will be using compressed air not nitrogen. Which isn't as big of a concen as you might think.

yeah i did think about that i did it once on an old pit bike i had and seemed fine, may try that if no luck with the tyre shop. thanks again

Push comes to shove you could always buy one of those small hand air pumps that the off road montain bike riders use on their shocks. They can generate more than enough PSI for you RM's shock. The only problem is that you will be using compressed air not nitrogen. Which isn't as big of a concen as you might think.

I hear and understand what you are saying,. but the community disagrees,.?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-364661.html

I got mine filled at costco.

did you roll your bike in, or have the shock out?

I hear and understand what you are saying,. but the community disagrees,.?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-364661.html

I will admit that the "best" way is to use pure nitrogen. However, there are way too many internet experts making wild claims out there about using just compressed air. First off, if you really look at a modern down hill mountain bike you would swear that it's nothing more than a dirt bike with out a motor, and yet they are just fine with comressed air.

Also, the claims of sky rocketing pressures and even explosions are grossly exaggerated. I personally use to race ashphalt late models, I used regular compressed air in the tires and even when the tire temperatures exceeded 200 degrees (yes that's a real temp, I did probed it myself) but even then the tire pressure never gained more than a couple of psi.

So clearly using compressed air is a very viable solution. I know it works and have complete faith in using it, but I only use it when I have no other alternative.

well i think i may have found a guy to re fill her with nitrogen, so i think i will play it safe this time. thanks guys

I will admit that the "best" way is to use pure nitrogen. However, there are way too many internet experts making wild claims out there about using just compressed air. First off, if you really look at a modern down hill mountain bike you would swear that it's nothing more than a dirt bike with out a motor, and yet they are just fine with comressed air.

Also, the claims of sky rocketing pressures and even explosions are grossly exaggerated. I personally use to race ashphalt late models, I used regular compressed air in the tires and even when the tire temperatures exceeded 200 degrees (yes that's a real temp, I did probed it myself) but even then the tire pressure never gained more than a couple of psi.

So clearly using compressed air is a very viable solution. I know it works and have complete faith in using it, but I only use it when I have no other alternative.

Oh man, I completely agree with you,. besides the $400 special I ride, if air is all I had, I would def. use it,.. if it breaks, meh, Ebay another one,.... so yep! use what you got so you can ride! :thumbsup:

I quote from my RM250 OWNERS SERVICE MANUAL, "Use nitrogen gas. If nitrogen gas is not available, compressed air free from water can be substituted."

My manual also states to charge to 170 psi but I was told by someone I trust, to charge to 140 psi.

Booger2