rm 250's

i found an 02 rm250 for a good price. ive noticed that cosmetically nothing really changed except for color but how does power compare through the years from 02 to 08? what "upgrades" did the rm recieve from 02 on? thanks!:thumbsup:

i found an 02 rm250 for a good price. ive noticed that cosmetically nothing really changed except for color but how does power compare through the years from 02 to 08? what "upgrades" did the rm recieve from 02 on? thanks!:thumbsup:

A couple things I can think of off the top of my head.

The 01-03 had KYB forks. Most will tell you that the Showas from 04+ where superior. The 02 also had a standard front brake setup. Can't remember the year, but at some point later on, they went to a full floater. The 01-03 also have different brake line routing than the 04+ models. The seats were slightly different, the number plate colors went to white and the side number plates are different too. The engines changed over the years, but the physical dimensions really didn't.

Just some stuff I can think of right now. I'm hoping to have my 02 here sometime this month (still waiting on arranging shipping).

A couple things I can think of off the top of my head.

The 01-03 had KYB forks. Most will tell you that the Showas from 04+ where superior. The 02 also had a standard front brake setup. Can't remember the year, but at some point later on, they went to a full floater. The 01-03 also have different brake line routing than the 04+ models. The seats were slightly different, the number plate colors went to white and the side number plates are different too. The engines changed over the years, but the physical dimensions really didn't.

Just some stuff I can think of right now. I'm hoping to have my 02 here sometime this month (still waiting on arranging shipping).

wandering somthing about the front shocks and correct me if I am wrong(because it happens often) Didn't the later 90's model rm's in have showa shocks and then the 01-03 had KYB forks and then they went back to showa? why would they do that?