Sign in to follow this  

Customer service issues with Motosport

Anyone else have customer service issues with Motosport?

This morning I called to alter an order that was waiting on inventory. The operator that answered was very curt, rude, and short with me. When I asked to be transferred to someone else because he was being a D*ck, I was immediately hung up on.

I called back, and the same operator answered the line with the same tone. When I asked for the supervisor, he put me on hold, and plead his case. The supervisor answered, and when I explained how his operator answered the line, and how a customer service call should be answered, he told me I was out of line.

I immediately asked to have the rest of my order cancelled, refunded, and for my name to be taken off of any mailing lists.

I will not do business with a company that conducts themselves in this way any further. :thumbsup:

if i were you, i wouldn't spend another dime at that place. there are so many good options out there.

in fact, the TT store has some of the best customer service i've ever experienced.

• Like 1

well there are always two sides to a story. but just last week i ordered form motosport and my order was missing the OEM lock washer for the front sprocket. I called and told them the guy gave me a hard time on the phone saying it was shipped when really it was no where in the box, finally he agreed to send me another one and that was all. im sure him making me triple check was just to insure it wasnt in a flap of the box or in the paper tho. I have never had problems with this company and hopefully you can try their business again or there are a ton of other places to get parts! like TT store, I just wish I knew how to use it.

I have recently experienced issues with Motosport too, after using them for over 5 years. Either the sales person was short and rude cutting me off or they told me the order was shipped when it really wasnt and then told me it was because I ordered online instead of calling.

I'll never order from them again. My parts were out of stock when I ordered them and after a month of waiting I called in and canceled my order. 2 months later, that canceled order showed up at my door and I was charged for it.

They've been getting slower on shipping stuff for a while with lots of waiting on inventory. No real dicketry on the phone, though.

Could have him on a bad day or he's sick of all the calls from people wondering where their parts are.

A great local shop is 4 miles from work, same guys have another 5 miles from home, and I normally visit them. They support a lot of local racing and land use, so I support them.

Always been great with me , returning , exchanging or refund.

i have never had a problem with motosport, i have used them for the last 5 years without a problem, i have spent close to $1000 there this year already and have always had speedy delivery and never missing anything

TT store- OEM, and other, oem replacements

RMATV- add on parts, tires and others

Motorcycle Super Store- gear, tires and others

All good...

I honestly love RMATV, i have have 2 orders come in within the last month both close to $400 each and they arrive in 3 days to Oz, well packed and everything there. Prices are great especially in the close-outs. Only thing they are missing are OEM parts

I haven't ever experienced a problem with Motosport. I have ordered many things and called to see where they were. The customer service was great. One time I ordered a FMF SST pipe and I couldn't ever get it to fit right on my bike, so I checked the part numbers and everything matched up. The friendly sales man suggested to look up the vin and I did. Which ended up the bike was a year older than I was told. So they said send it back and well get you a new one. Point of this was they never once said "Idk" or "ask someone else for help", they gave me great service til the end. Some people have that tone in there voice that can sound rude, but really aren't trying to be rude. Maybe their boss just chewed them out and they are trying to let it go. I mean thats not an excuse for them, but everyone does it.

Anyone else have customer service issues with Motosport?

This morning I called to alter an order that was waiting on inventory. The operator that answered was very curt, rude, and short with me. When I asked to be transferred to someone else because he was being a D*ck, I was immediately hung up on.

I called back, and the same operator answered the line with the same tone. When I asked for the supervisor, he put me on hold, and plead his case. The supervisor answered, and when I explained how his operator answered the line, and how a customer service call should be answered, he told me I was out of line.

I immediately asked to have the rest of my order cancelled, refunded, and for my name to be taken off of any mailing lists.

I will not do business with a company that conducts themselves in this way any further. :lol:

Good for you, company's live and die by how good/bad their customer service is. If nobody tells them 'shove it', then they think they're doing just fine. Maybe this will make them realize they're not the only game in town.

Nowadays, I use the TT Store....I've NEVER experienced customer service in the motorsports industry like they have given me. On one order, there was a boo-boo (they forgot to put one item on the order in the box). It wasn't an important item, it was a "spare" for me to keep on hand, no biggie. I called them up, and they said they'd send it out. I told them, no rush, no biggie, it's a spare. It arrived the next morning (Vegas to MN) overnight air along with a hand written apology note.

Another time, while on vacation, I needed some goggle lenses and misc supplies. Just so happened that I was in the Vegas area, so I called them up. Matt not only hooked me up, but suggested a different lens that he uses (all TT store employees ride-it's mandatory) in the desert. Turns out, his suggestion was dead on.

I had issues in the past with MSO when I lived in OR and tried to do walk-in purchases. Something would be advertised as being on sale (tires), I'd ask for my goods, and they'd then try to charge me almost double....they'd try to defend this practice by saying "That's for orders only, cash-n-carry doesn't apply".

Wait, let me see if I get this straight....I walked in, pay here and now (cash money) for the product, and walk out with it, and you somehow think this justifies a higher price than me calling up, ordering, using a credit card (CC company takes a percentage of the transaction for a fee), and then you have to ship the item (another expense)?

Fine, I'll order the stuff and have it shipped the 15 miles instead.

And yes, it was shipped from the exact same address where I would do walk-up purchases.:thumbsup:

When Motosport 1st started they marketed themselves as dirtbikers selling parts to dirtbikers. They specifically said they didnt want to deal with street or ATV stuff. Well after a few hugely successful years look at what they are selling. ATV, Street, and Dirt. They have grown and forgotten the hand that fed them. Kind of sad because it used to be when you called, you felt like the person on the other line was stoked to talk to you and they were glad you called. Now its like you are just another pain in the ass customer.

I'll second the above.

Thumpertalk store has hands down the best customer service I've dealt with. Their online catalog has everything...seriously.

RockyMountainATV is great. Never a single problem and for some reason or other I always seem to get free shipping. They also sell Tusk tools (maybe even manufacture?) and they're cheap and usually reliable.

As far as Motosport, I don't like them solely for the fact that my packages take forever to arrive. If you think Motosport is fast...try anywhere else :thumbsup:

I've always ordered from MSO, but I'm slowly starting to go away from them. I ordered a few things about a month or so ago. Ended up one item wasn't in stock (anymore a lot of their items aren't in stock) when I placed my order it said all items were in stock. 2 weeks go by and the status on my order never changed. So I call and I am told this part, in this color, won't be here until who knows when, etc. So I sub in another part and all is well. I was then told the order will ship out today and I'll see it by the end of the week.... Another week and a half later I see my order. It wasn't that big of a deal because I didn't need the parts at that time, but I don't like being lied to or given wrong information. Personally I do probably 90% of my parts, gear, and accessories through my local dealers. They treat me very well and I can't complain too much about them. I still get parts cheaper than any of the online sites at my local dealers. RMATV is a great site with good customer service, but don't really have the mx selection in stock all of the time. I ususally order closeout gear from RMATV every year due to the price factor and what not. I've also started using BTO here and there. So far no bad reports.

When Motosport 1st started they marketed themselves as dirtbikers selling parts to dirtbikers. They specifically said they didnt want to deal with street or ATV stuff. Well after a few hugely successful years look at what they are selling. ATV, Street, and Dirt. They have grown and forgotten the hand that fed them. Kind of sad because it used to be when you called, you felt like the person on the other line was stoked to talk to you and they were glad you called. Now its like you are just another pain in the ass customer.

agreed. MSO was great when they first started out. By far my favorite company, but their service has greatly declined and in an end result I don't order from them nearly as much as I did.

Good service until my last order, I called and said my order was not shipped because they were busy and didn't get to it. Not good, like RMT the best.

Ive always had awesome service from Motosport, rocky mountain atv, and bikebandit. Items ordered were shipped immediatley and received in 2 or 3 days. Items back ordered were posted as such and I was given the choice to wait or cancell.

I think how you treat a person goes a long way. Just because we are the customer does not mean we are always right, or mean we can treat the person on the phone with disrespect. Courtesy and kindness goes a long way.

I think you did the right thing though by cancelling your order. I would go one step further and write a letter explaining the situation and how you were treated. Ive always recieved great service and been treated great at Motosport...I would think their management would want to know about your experience.

I had some good customer service with Motosport this week. The front tire of a combo that I ordered is on back order. I called and asked them if they could ship the rear now, since that's the one I really need to replace anyway. The guy on the phone said he would have to ask his supervisor and put me on hold. A few seconds later he came back and said that he couldn't find his supervisor, but he was going to ship it anyway. It should be on my doorstep when I get home from work today. Not really a huge deal, but refreshing compared to my last order at the local shop.

I think that no matter where you go, there is always the potential to run into a bad apple, and everyone has a bad day now and then. I'll usually give a buisness/person a few chances before I give up on them. My local bike shop recently used up their last strike with me. I won't go there for anything more than oil, etc. due to their extremely poor cust. service. All my major orders will be through places like Motosport, TT, etc. from now on.

I've ordered ALOT of stuff thru Motosport, and had to deal with customer service many times.....very happy with them so far. Sorry about your experience with them.