New rear sprocket

I have a 96 DR 350. It has a 44 tooth rear sprocket with a 110 link chain. I want to go to a 51 tooth rear sprocket and need to know how much of a longer chain do I need.

Thanks, Dave "Quazi" D.:lol::thumbsup:

My guess would be a 118 link chain. A better idea is to buy a standard 120 link length and cut it to the correct length yourself. A chain breaker costs about $12 and is a good tool to have.

A 51 tooth rear sprocket may not clear the stock chain guard. Check the clearence after you install the chain.

A 51 tooth rear sprocket may not clear the stock chain guard. Check the clearence after you install the chain.

I have a 53T on my '90 DR250. No problems with the chain guard, not sure if it's doing the chain Guide any harm or not. It's kinda hard to tell since the sprocket was on the bike when I bought it and could have warn the guide down to where it is now. :thumbsup:

My guess would be a 118 link chain. A better idea is to buy a standard 120 link length and cut it to the correct length yourself. A chain breaker costs about $12 and is a good tool to have.

Thanks. Your previous info you sent me was dead on the money and I found the manual for my 96 DR 350 so I will follow your advice and get the 120 link chain and a chain breaker to cut to size.

Thanks Dave " Quazi " D.:thumbsup: