Sign in to follow this  

fuel injected 2001 yz 250

my friend is in the process of building custom fuel injection for his yz 250... at this point it runs with it and works but is running very rich... so we are in the process of changing some things but i just thought it would be cool to see what other TTers think of a fuel injected yz 250 not EFI. no electricity needed it runs off his water pump... but with both of us being 17 it is sometimes hard to find funds for such projects... but once we get his bike all set up... we are movin in on fuel injecting my 2006 yz 125! when i get the chance i will take a few pics of his setup as it is... it looks pretty sweet and the fact that it is almost fully functional is awesome! especialy being hand built by a couple of 17 yr old kids! he also built some sweet billet footpegs i will show you all to!

Edited by 2006yz125
i am a gramatical retard

once we get all the sttings dialed in i am pretty sure it will be much more reliable than a carb.... and increased HP but the settings are pretty wishy washy and hard to figure out... but we are trying.

How is he adjusting the map? And is he using a PPM (pulse per minute) map or a ratio map?

It wont necessarily make more power than a carb but EFI should always been running just about right which will improve throttle response. Not this isnt EFI though so I have no clue about how well it will run or if it will really be able to adjust for differences in temp humidity and elevation like real EFI would.

I like the idea a lot, not because it is a fuel injected 250f, but because 2 teenagers are applying math and science together with a bit of logical thinking and problem solving to create something complex on a limited budget. I respect you for using the inspiration,dedication and perspiration formula for success instead of the admit nothing,deny everything, and blame it on someone else curriculum of the Dewey,Cheatham&Howe school that too many people come from.

I would love to see it but if it works out well, is adjustable and easily adapatable to different makes and models maybe you shouldn't show it. maybe you should find some financial backers to market the idea or sell the idea to a major hop up company that can manufacture it.

I like the idea a lot, not because it is a fuel injected 250f, but because 2 teenagers are applying math and science together with a bit of logical thinking and problem solving to create something complex on a limited budget. I respect you for using the inspiration,dedication and perspiration formula for success instead of the admit nothing,deny everything, and blame it on someone else curriculum of the Dewey,Cheatham&Howe school that too many people come from.

I would love to see it but if it works out well, is adjustable and easily adapatable to different makes and models maybe you shouldn't show it. maybe you should find some financial backers to market the idea or sell the idea to a major hop up company that can manufacture it.

I think they're doing it on a yz250 two-stroke. I am interested in this project... Hopefully you guys can figure this out. I have been wanting to see if me and my dad could do direct injection on a two-stroke, we just don't have the time right now. Put up a vid if possible once you guys get it running decent. Good luck!

Where are you getting your parts? Since it's a mechanical system, are you using pieces of a Hilborn (or similar) system like used in midget and sprint cars?

his dad builds custom banshees for drag racing... and there is a box of fuel injection parts that he had sitting around and so we had to cust build a lot of stuff... but he said he worked on it today and he said he has it working flawlessly right now... so we will see if it holds up

hey bro, if you ever get to doing the yz 125, let me know, i was thinking about doing it to mine. Gotta post some pictures sometime too.

hey bro, if you ever get to doing the yz 125, let me know, i was thinking about doing it to mine. Gotta post some pictures sometime too.

How bout a vid too. Bet it's got power everywhere!

i definetly will! i might have to put off doing my 125 till summer cus i dont have a job right now...