Sign in to follow this  

I'm back in the game!!!!

Well, after riding four strokes and enduring their non-stop mechanical attentions I bought myself a 2000 CR250 last night. This thing is mint! It sat for years in a guys garage after he broke his arm on it. The wife told him to sell it or stop riding it...he just kept it as a garage conversation piece. Mind you he was a dentist so his hands & arms are his lively hood. Then the kid I bought it from last night only used it for checking his cattle. I will have pics this weekend. I'm loaded down with studying and papers this week. Everything is original except tires and the kid I bought it from put new piston and ring in it before winter. I'm just happy I found this bike. I use to race the 2001 CR125 and loved that bike. My concern right now is: it is completely stock and never truly opened up. What are some things I should do with it? I'm going to clean the power valve assembly, carburator, repack the bearings, replace all fluids, and ride the piss out of it. lol

Anything else I should do? Oh, I did just order a new air filter, Boysen reeds, brake pads (EBC), and 64oz of Maxima Castro 927. I've been riding thumpers for so long I forgot how much a 2 stroke has as far as power and fun factor!

Cant beat the old smokers, thumpers are great, until you ride a 2T!

IF you do go back to 4T it will feel powerless and boring after coming off the 250.

Have fun with it mate, Just remember to keep the top end nice and fresh!

Well, after riding four strokes and enduring their non-stop mechanical attentions I bought myself a 2000 CR250 last night. This thing is mint! It sat for years in a guys garage after he broke his arm on it. The wife told him to sell it or stop riding it...he just kept it as a garage conversation piece. Mind you he was a dentist so his hands & arms are his lively hood. Then the kid I bought it from last night only used it for checking his cattle. I will have pics this weekend. I'm loaded down with studying and papers this week. Everything is original except tires and the kid I bought it from put new piston and ring in it before winter. I'm just happy I found this bike. I use to race the 2001 CR125 and loved that bike. My concern right now is: it is completely stock and never truly opened up. What are some things I should do with it? I'm going to clean the power valve assembly, carburator, repack the bearings, replace all fluids, and ride the piss out of it. lol

Anything else I should do? Oh, I did just order a new air filter, Boysen reeds, brake pads (EBC), and 64oz of Maxima Castro 927. I've been riding thumpers for so long I forgot how much a 2 stroke has as far as power and fun factor!

1st thing to do with it is put in a new top end. I know, I know, he put one in last fall. I can't tell you how many times posters have said the exact same thing only to find a cracked piston skirt under further inspection. The bottom line is, people don't rebuild a bike just to sell it, they sell it so they don't have to rebuild it. Just my opinion.