Wossner piston and loss of water?

Right guys i have a 2 day time card enduro coming up in a couple of months and im going to change out the piston before hand, im currently running the Wossner twin ring setup and have been more than happy with it, i've got roughly 40 hassle free hours on this bad boy now and im more than happy (will post a pic when i change her out). The question is shal i try a single ringer this time? from what ive heard i should get a similar ride time from it? what im trying to get at is it worth me trying this as i run a flywheel weight and will this cancel out any affect this may have?, Also no.2 is after my last hare and hounds i seemed to have lost some water from my cooling system, my old man has pressure tested it and its not showing a drop, could it be my rad cap playing up? also there was no water in my tranny oil so i think i can rule the waterpump seals out, any suggestions cool. Cheers

Dropping to a single ring piston vs the standard double does feel very much like taking off flywheel weight. At least it did when using brand W's stuff. That would also be true with using a lighter tire, lighter sprocket, aluminum clutch plates etc.

The one area it did not change was the stalling effect a heavy flywheel gives, or rather, makes go away. That was still present. The effect is cool and I really liked it.

Having said that, unless your doign it for fun, or a specific need, why go single ring? Now, the loss of water. Are you aware that the rad is full when the core is covered? If you fill any radiator up to the tip top, the liquid expands when hot and blows some out. We dont notice this on our cars as they have the cute little overflow tanks, but for our bikes it goes on the ground. Is anythign like this going on?

I fill it so the core is just covered and run the bike to get the air out (when drained fully) and top up appropriately I know what your talking about with the overflow but I haven't noticed it dumping anything out? It took maybe a quater of a liter last time I topped up, itmust be going somewhere? I just wondered about the single ring piston just because I can! No specific reason but some more power can never be a bad thing as far as I'm concerned being a fat git! But I thought I'd ask you guys to see if it was actually worth my while, I race enduros and h&h at expert level and would consider myself fairly quick and like to ride on the pipe. The only thing I was thinking was that maybe there would be less wear to the barrel and stuff but I would be a bit worried aboutthe ring life as the don't have the special 'w' brand style updated ring, however another forum member once said that ring life should be no different to a twin setup?

Best think to do Nearly i give it a go. Nothing to loose really.

On the water loss issue I would suggest you replace your water pump seal.

I have had them leak just a little when they get worn and are under extreme load. If you run a bash plate you will see a fine mist spray below the seal drain hole. If you don't run a bash plate you probably won't see any evidence of leaking.

$2 honda part change it.

Yeah my tranny oils clean so i may just change that outer seal again, i can't see where else it could be going? Rc from your experience with single ring pistons are they any noisier than stock? i would assume 2 rings would stop the piston slapping a bit?

Yeah my tranny oils clean so i may just change that outer seal again, i can't see where else it could be going? Rc from your experience with single ring pistons are they any noisier than stock? i would assume 2 rings would stop the piston slapping a bit?

I dont think so. The single ring piston I just took out looks perfect and sounded great. It might not be as quiet as the giant piston from Eric Gorrs 300 kit, but its not bad at all. I might have to start a new thread, with pics on that piston. It held up incredibly well over the 33 hours it was in the bike.

$2 honda part change it.

What part do you replace it with?

I guess with the piston the only way im going to know if i like it is to try it!

What part do you replace it with?

I guess with the piston the only way im going to know if i like it is to try it!

Water pump seal. Same as the YZ but much cheaper.