Sign in to follow this  

MRD on an E

Will the MRD work on my 06' E stock except fmf jets? How loud will it be? Will it still pass the sound check at california hair scrambles?

Will it still pass the sound check at california hair scrambles?

The regular MRD with the potato in it? Don't know...call Dave, last I spoke with him the insert still didn't get it down to the 96dB limit.

The SSW/MRD...ummm...I wouldn't even try it.

the STD with quiet insert installed should pass if its on a fairly stock engine , they are a little louder than a Q but the Q is way under 96db , its bs anyway because the test only tells them how loud it is at 3750 rpm and not at race rpm under load where the STD is plenty quiet because of the quiet insert baffel , the pipes they are running at AMA races check 96db and have no baffel and are as loud as any open muffler out there , how much sence would it make if they passed an open muffler and failed a baffeled muffler :lol: this is why I have been talking about a full throttle test for years , at least they are starting to check at full throttle in some places and hopefully it catches on :thumbsup:

Will the full STD/MRD give more power than the power bomb and Q? And does it have a spark arestor? Thanks, just want as much info as posible before changing systems. Cali rules can be tough on a woods rider.

Will the full STD/MRD give more power than the power bomb and Q? And does it have a spark arestor? Thanks, just want as much info as posible before changing systems. Cali rules can be tough on a woods rider.

the Q is as restricked as a muffler can be and still run so yes , but the Q is very quiet because of that , the STD has a spark arrestor , but if your in a area where noise is a major issue you might want to go as quiet as you can

Is it ok to run the powerbomb with the MRD/STD or should it go full MRD system.

MRDs only come as full systems. The genius is in the pipe, not the can.

Does it mater witch carb I have. Right now I dont have the FCR. I have the stock Mikuni with a FMF jet kit.

Is it ok to run the powerbomb with the MRD/STD or should it go full MRD system.

no other header than a mrd header will fit , just so you know two headers of the same dimention one with a resonator ( powerbomb ) and one with out will dyno the same , I have done it and that is why I dont build headers with gadgets on them

Thanks I believe this has sold me on a new exhaust system. The rest of questions should be able to be answerwed by the thread search.

Curious to hear how you like the system. I have a KLX400R and I'm considering the STD/MRD in order to shave some weight and perhaps pick up an extra HP. My concern is with the 96db limit set by the government. While I've never been tested (stock exhaust, no worries), it would suck to spend $425 on a sweet new exhaust system and be told "No riding for you today." by the ranger.

Mando, I will let you know all my results. I'm sure they will be sweet just by talking to the guys here. Much added power now. I also have the sound guys to think about. The D36 local hare scrambles check sound at some areas. (Hoillister and Stoneyford for example)_ but I want more power. I will add the FCR and MRD/STD at the same time before June hopefully. Thanks to all the guys here on TT.