Sign in to follow this  

Keihin FCR33/35 Mikuni 33/35- which bikes?

Which bikes use these carbs?

I'm looking for a replacement for the CV carb on my XR250L.

Needs a rejet, and would like a little more power too - so a new carb might be the trick.

Something along the lines of a Mikuni TM33

Or a Keihin FCR33/35 (Both with pumper)...

Would seem to be the trick - What bikes are these fitted to?

Ta,

Mike.

The 33mm i think is the proper way to go .

I think the only bike that had the Mikuni TM33 was the dr2500+350R but you can find one like this new on eBay for $250 .

Having trouble finding anything here in the UK.

So I thought I'd start looking at what's out there second hand...

Fcr33 wasn't on any bike , Fcr35 was in the first KTM exc250F models , i think for a year , after they installed the FcrMX37 but is really hard to find the Fcr35 .

Having trouble finding anything here in the UK.

So I thought I'd start looking at what's out there second hand...

oh i know this story only too well mike

last tm33 i saw on ebay went for £125 from an early 90s bike , silly money considering it was probably goosed anyway as for the 35mm fcr i tried to find one for over a year and ended up using a 39mm instead came with all cables and inlet boot for £85, which carb do you have fitted now ?

I've got the VE88 CV carb that's fitted to all the Japanese models - with a load of anti-pollution Junk on it.

When I put the foam air filter in - it runs too lean, and is hesitant at high speed - plug comes out clean - not good.

With the standard air filter back in, the power is good (but could do better).

But it's the throttle response that's bad - it's really fluffy - there's a delay between snapping the throttle open, and getting the power - bottom end power could be a lot better (from other XR's I have tried).

Was thinking along the lines of fitting the FCR 37 pumper from a CRF 250, but sleeving it down to a smaller bore?

How did you get on with the 39mm - was it on an XR250?

I am worried about low speed bogging (which I have at the moment anyway!) and a 39 might just be too big...

Ta,

Mike.