engine ice

hey have any of you guys used this Engine Ice before?? how well does it really work. pros and cons?

fyi

most people on here will not respond if ask a question that has been beat to death.

learn to navigate the FAQ . if you cant find what your looking for,then post:thumbsup:

p.s not trying to be a d1ck

I like it...seems like it runs a little cooler IMO

I run it keeps the bike a little bit cooler (I have had heating issues in the past) very expensive though compared to Peak. So I wouldn't use it unless you need it or I guess if you just feel the urge to give someone your money.

Pros: Seems to work well, non-toxic to animals

Cons: Can't use it on some SM tracks.

A buddy uses Engine Ice during fall and over the winter. When it gets hot out he switches to water and Redline's Water Wetter.

fyi

most people on here will not respond if ask a question that has been beat to death.

learn to navigate the FAQ . if you cant find what your looking for,then post:thumbsup:

p.s not trying to be a d1ck

I don't know about navigating any FAQ's, but there is a search feature which actually makes it possible to find what you are looking for. I use it all the time....even just for the hell of it.

Plain and simple...It works... I have some temp strips on my bike,Suzuki RM Z450. one on the side of the cylinder and one on the radiator. I noted the temps of each after about thirty minutes of riding. I changed to Engine Ice the next week and noted the temperature difference. It was down by about 10 degrees. Yes I know for the comparison to be absolutely perfect I shoould have switched the same day when the ambient outdoor temps were exactly the same but hey...I dont wear a lab coat to ride in either. The air temps were about the same, and I did the same type of riding, at the same place, so I am happy with the results. Hope this helps...

I've used engine ice before & in my opinion its just a little better then normal coolant. I still had boiling over issues, because of the extreme terrain I was riding. Super technical 1st gear stuff and not enough speed. If you are looking for just a slight improvement, then it will work. If you are having serious overheating issues because of extreme riding conditions then there are much better options.

1) make sure there is nothing wrong with your bike mechanically & the jetting is not on the lean side.

2) add overflow bottle

3) higher pressure radiator cap

if your still having problems

4) Replace coolant with Evans waterless & add an electric cooling fan, but if you go this route & you hear the fan on for extended periods, shut down & cool your engine off. The one big negative to Evans is the boiling point is around 375degrees & you don't ever want your engine that hot.

For me & the extreme riding I do, steps 2 & 3 worked up to a point. I ultimately had to go with step #4 & I haven't had an issue since.

hey thanks to everyone that replied, i know this question gets beat to death and i know how to navigate the FAQ but i wanted to hear responses from people that dont care if its a question that has been beat to death and that like to give their opinion. but guy at top of page go ahead and keep your opinion to your self. for the rest of ya, Thanks a lot for the help.

I replaced the stock coolant in my CRF250R with Engine Ice last week. The weekend prior it overheated with the stock coolant. It was my first time out on my bike (just picked it up used with 2hrs on it the weekend before). So it kinda freaked me out when I looked down and saw white "smoke", actually steam, shooting out from und the engine case. After stopping I realized it was steam coming from the radiator overflow.

Anyway, the next weekend, I replaced with Engine Ice and did the same kind of riding. No overheat problems at all. And in fact, it was a much hotter day. The day it overheated, it was about 60. Last weekend, it was over 80.

One caution, that I didn't see noted, is that once you switch to Engine Ice, if you need to add coolant, you CANNOT add water. It will cause the Engine Ice to gel up. Then you got a mess on your hands. I have an extra jug of the stuff that goes with me to wherever I ride.

For what it's worth...

One caution, that I didn't see noted, is that once you switch to Engine Ice, if you need to add coolant, you CANNOT add water. It will cause the Engine Ice to gel up. Then you got a mess on your hands. I have an extra jug of the stuff that goes with me to wherever I ride.

For what it's worth...

Really....come on...what do you think it is made of/with??

Have you tried this at home? Go ahead and try...add a little heat to the bucket you have the mixture in.

Haven't tried it personally. But read a lot about that here on TT and other places on the net...

Haven't tried it personally. But read a lot about that here on TT and other places on the net...

On the net I can find where they claim adding Engine Ice (propylene glycol) and regular antifreeze (ethylene glycol) will gel.

But can find nothing where adding water will cause it to gel. That is not even mentioned on the Engine Ice website.

So let's be realistic here....if one can not even add water to Engine Ice without it gelling, then why would you use it? What are you going to do if you get a radiator leak in the middle of bum screw no where 60 miles from the truck...and your radiator fluid is way down....your screwed because you can't add water from your pack.

Pros: Seems to work well, non-toxic to animals

Cons: Can't use it on some SM tracks.

A buddy uses Engine Ice during fall and over the winter. When it gets hot out he switches to water and Redline's Water Wetter.

I manufacture the catch tanks for SM and have never seen a single Supermoto org that does not allow Engine Ice.

Road racing like WERA, CCS ect....only allow water with an additive.

Engine Ice is the #1 Motorcycle Coolant sold in the USA.......there is a reason.....its the best!

There is a person who always posts that EI is the same as another cheaper automotive brand......its not the same.

I stand corrected. Thanksf for the info Sundog. Water (distilled or deionized) can be added to EngineIce w/o issue. It's the mixing of Engine Ice with standard automotive coolant that can cause the gelling.

I knew I read it would gel somewhere. For some reason, I thought it was if you added water. Live and learn.

I'd rather be ridin than workin today...

Lumpy...you are correct. My mistake with the "SM" track, I should have bolded track in SM track. Some road racing orginizations like WERA and NESBA do not allow glycol based liquids.

And I did not say SM orgs did not allow it. I said some SM tracks do not allow it.

Lumpy...you are correct. My mistake with the "SM" track. Some road racing orginizations like WERA and NESBA do not allow glycol based liquids.

+1 NESBA won't allow Engine Ice, but will allow Water Wetter

I just put Engine Ice in my bike after doing some head work. I was not able to get all of the previous coolant out and for all I know it was just plain old antifreeze. I was not aware that there could be issues in doing this, now I'm a little worried, should I be or is a little ok?

I just put Engine Ice in my bike after doing some head work. I was not able to get all of the previous coolant out and for all I know it was just plain old antifreeze. I was not aware that there could be issues in doing this, now I'm a little worried, should I be or is a little ok?

Did you flush with distilled water until it came out clear, or did you just drain & fill...

Did you flush with distilled water until it came out clear, or did you just drain & fill...

Drain and fill..... like I said I did not realize there could be a problem.... going to have to look at things now and hope I've not goobered crap up..