Sign in to follow this  

Outgrowing my 110

My son has out grown his DRz110 but he still likes the bike. It's very fast with mods but it just too little. I can't get him to try a bike with a clutch. Is there anything I can do (inexpensively) to make this bike taller? Wheels or suspension?

Or does anyone know of a taller simi-Automatic bike?

Thanks so much for any help.

You have a ton of options. You are only limited by your imagination and wallet. You can do anything from install longer damping rods in the forks with a longer rear shock (least expensive) all the way to new forks and a new, longer swingarm and shock. You can also install a tall seat and bars. Just search around this forum and the pitbike forum and you will get a ton of ideas.

not sure but I think there is some clutch you can get for the 110 that is like an optional usage thing. Use it if you want or shift like he always has. sorry, I don't even know what to search for.

You can get a clutch kit from hondatrailbikes.com. You have the option of keeping the auto clutch style of shifting along with the clutch, or making it a full manual. With the suspension it all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

For the front end you can pick up a set of KX60 forks and they will slide directly into the stock 110 clamps and increase the travel to roughly 7". The stock wheel works fine you just need a longer brake cable. This will bring the front up about 3" so to bring the rear up to match you really need a long travel swing-arm with an extended shock.