Shipping forks

I'm shipping my forks to CO and didn't have a gun case to put them in and since I'm a cheap skate I came up with this for shipping.

Overall dimensions 43 X 16 X 4

Cut list:

2 pieces of plywood 43 X 16 X 3/8

2 pieces 16 X 2 X 4

3 pieces 40 X 2 X 4

Wood or sheet rock screws to put it together.

One compartment is 6 1/4 wide (accomdates the caliper bracket) the other is 5 1/4 wide

Holes drilled in the bottom so I can use zip ties to keep them in place during shipping.

ermxsh.jpg

• Like 1

My forks were just shipped to me in a cardboard box. It cost 50 bucks and took a month to arrive in Canada. Oil leaked all over from the pressure difference in the airplane. They are fine, but I think what you are doing is worth the extra effort, mine could have been injured pretty easily.

My company does design and R&D work on electro-static optics, electron and ion sources, and the pump stand is used for testing them.

Nice !!?

my work involves SEMs and FIBs and as a result we frequently get more familiar than we would would like w the vacuum systems and other periphrals

on topic I have shipped sevral sets of forks in cardboard boxes. I typically wrap the fork legs seperately in bubble wrap and then put cardboard on both ends of the forks, then they go into the box with filler to allow as little movement as possible. it works well, but if I was shipping my forks out for work and wanted them returned your container looks ideal. nice work thanks for sharing?