theres a ton of play in my shift lever.

anyone else have this problem? the bearing in there is probably worn??? I was looking at previous posts and couldn't find what the acceptable play should be.

Edited by East Coast

I doubt the bearing is warn. It is a needle bearing. Is the play up/down or in/out?

up/down maybe the splines are loose. Check the pinch bolt. in/out is normal. check to see the snap ring is in place on the shaft where it comes out of the motor. Large up/down play or no shifting is a problem inside the right case.

I doubt the bearing is warn. It is a needle bearing. Is the play up/down or in/out?

up/down maybe the splines are loose. Check the pinch bolt. in/out is normal. check to see the snap ring is in place on the shaft where it comes out of the motor. Large up/down play or no shifting is a problem inside the right case.

a tiny bit up and down. alot in and out I think I can see the loose snap ring but its covered in dirty oil from my cs leak. do I just take off the shift lever and get a deep set sprocked and tap the snap ring back in place??

How many miles on the clutch cable?