new clutch not engaging till the end?

I replaced my clutch cable and plates last season because the clutch engaged with the lever almost all the way out it was useless and barely could take off it was working today for a few laps and now it is back to the same thing? could it be a notched basket:banghead:

Did you replace the springs also? How much free play do you have in the clutch lever? It could be a notched basket if its very bad but you said after you replaced it last seson. Did you ride the bike alot since then? Matbe a bad cable or a mis adjusted cable and you burnet up the clutch. BTW did you replace bith the metal and fiber plates?

If the clutch is engaging with the lever only all the way out then you could use some slack on the cable.

Or do you mean that the clutch is dis-engaging with the lever pulled all the way in and not half way for the two finger method?

Just making sure I'm understanding you here :thumbsup:

If the clutch is engaging with the lever only all the way out then you could use some slack on the cable.

Or do you mean that the clutch is dis-engaging with the lever pulled all the way in and not half way for the two finger method?

Just making sure I'm understanding you here :thumbsup:

I have to let the lever all the way out before it starts to engage and it barely takes off without stalling by that point and there is plenty of slack I have messed with it for hours and it is still the same thing

Hello there

I just started to change the clutch cable and I wonder how much play has the lever, like here >

regards

Arnego2

Dnt mean to hi jack but my 2005 yz125 is doing the same thing. i smoked my clucth. so i replaced clutches,steel plates and springs.Is it be a notched basket?

Same on my 03 yz125. I've just been to lazy to open it up and take a look. Please keep us posted. My clutch was installed Jan. 09 and i've put 15 hours on it since. How long is everyone else getting out of a clutch? Thanks