FCR CR from an E model BOG?!

It seems at about 1/4 throttle it reallllly bogs, even at constant throttle, like the needle needs raising, but ive got it at the 6th clip already ??? Pilot jet is set up perfect, main jet too... What could it be?

Search for the Eddie mod !

ive been thinking about that though, it seems to be at a certain point in throttle, i have to open further to get past it, and if i stay at those revs and at that throttle it is constant? surely the ap would only make a difference when opening the throttle? not just holding it at certain revs?

AP comes into play any time the throttle is moved.

i just rode a buddy's wr400(unmodded) and tthe "bog" sucks!!!! my stock s carb(3x3, jd) is better than that thing, i told him we had some work to do on that thing

ive been thinking about that though, it seems to be at a certain point in throttle, i have to open further to get past it, and if i stay at those revs and at that throttle it is constant? surely the ap would only make a difference when opening the throttle? not just holding it at certain revs?

Are you saying that it bogs at steady-state throttle? If you hold the throttle steady, it begins to sputter, revs drop, starts to die, surges, or what????

Does it bog when you open the throttle quickly? If so, the Eddie Mod will take care of that.

But, if you're saying it bogs at steady throttle, then we're talking about something else aren't we.

yeah its a steady bog, it seems horribly lean at about 1/4 throttle, held there. say doing 30mph in top gear itll be crapping itself

the striaght diameter of the DXP needle is pretty lean.

you need a EMN.

How did everything turn out, OP? I'm having the same exact issue with my E model FCR. Feels like the bike is running super lean at 1/4 throttle.