yz 144

ok so i really wanna get a new yz250. but thats not gonna happen but i can get my cylinder bored out to a yz144. is it worth doing? what are the pros and cons and whats the best company to go to? i wanna race this summer and i want some extra power. also when you get it bored does it come with a piston? i have a 01 yz 125.

You can get a kit. No biggie. It's a good power improvement; plenty of threads on here about it. Before you bore the engine, check with your district rules. You may not be able to ride a 144cc bike in a 125cc class - again depending on the district rules for the class you intend to race in.

I won't comment on a company since I haven't done it to a bike that I owned.

For 2-stroke engines, the package deals include;

* Cleaning and disassembly

* Iinspection and measurement

* Over-boring

* Porting

* Replating

* Diamond honing

* Head mods

* Powervalve service

* Piston and gasket kits.

You’ll get your choice of powerbands; more low/mid, more mid/top, broader powerband, and choices of fuel; pump or race gas.

YZ125 1994-2009 134, 139, $475

YZ125 1994-2009 144cc $495

http://www.eric-gorr.com/bigboremasterlist.html

Good day BRM. How much would it cost should you ship the lot (cylinder and head) to Manila?

Mind PM me please. A trail buddy who owns an alum-frame YZ125 might be interested to have that as a spare or for EG's 144 conversion.

Thanks mate.

Good day BRM. How much would it cost should you ship the lot (cylinder and head) to Manila?

Mind PM me please. A trail buddy who owns an alum-frame YZ125 might be interested to have that as a spare or for EG's 144 conversion.

Thanks mate.

Your not understanding me there Mr .....DT....ur um..... Trailmate...is it?

I have sent my spare to get made into a 144. The original I will keep as a spare.👍

• 2 months later...