front forks

i have a fork seal leaking on my 06 drz400sm and im wondering what i could do to stiffen the front end. im about 200lb with gear and i feel the front end is too soft.. like im always leanin forwards. i no i could send them off and get them valved and all that but i just ride on the street so im not gonna do all that.. anything cheap i can do? thanks

i have a fork seal leaking on my 06 drz400sm and im wondering what i could do to stiffen the front end. im about 200lb with gear and i feel the front end is too soft.. like im always leanin forwards. i no i could send them off and get them valved and all that but i just ride on the street so im not gonna do all that.. anything cheap i can do? thanks

Well, replace the seals, obviously. Then swap in some stiffer springs while you've got them in pieces.

There are videos on YouTube showing how to replace the springs in Showa USD forks.

If you pull the forks to do the seal, you have the springs out anyway, so for the $100 that a set of springs would cost you'd be nuts not to toss them in while you're in there.

Seals and springs are pretty easy, IF you have the right tools. If not, send them out.