Sign in to follow this  

09 250 txc vs yz250f?

i'm really thinking/wanting to buy either a 250 txc or wr smoker.my riding consists of primarily tighter single track and the usual hillcliming from time to time,usual east coast riding in the mountains:smirk:.had a husky back in the day and always like them and was thinking if it's good enough for kearney....good enough for me right?past few years i've been on the blue bikes and normally run a FWW,pipe,tank,revavl-susp,stablzr,rekluse,etc......

05yz250f-great bike,bulletproof,never wore me out but seemed to run out of steam.06yz250-great low end for a smoker,light,easy to start,but never could get the mx hit out of it.now i'm on a 08yz450f-probably the most fun bike i've had for more open trails and climbing,but hard to hang on to for a 2hr hrscrble.anyways no the weight difference between the txc and 09250f.by the way i'm 6ft,195,sooooo.........let me have it.

If you are asking about weights on the 09 Husky TXC 250 and the 09 WR 250 Husky they weigh in at 229 for the TXC and 227 for the WR. I don't have either but do own a 09 TXC 510 and a 08 CR125 Husky. My son ride a 2010 TC 250 Husky and all three bikes are awesome. It sounds like the WR 250 would serve you very well. More power than either the TXC 250 or 05 YZ 250F you had. The Husky WR and TXC's are made to ridden in the woods. Even my big 510 TXC. They come with great engines, brakes, frames, and general ride lay out. They are very well balanced, handle, turn, and do an excellent job of putting the power down. You will be amazed at well the turn and feel when you riding one.