Sign in to follow this  

Washington Reiter Foothills Single Track Restoration Work Party April 18th

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=111029488917793&ref=nf

I'm going to meet with David Way from DNR before this work party and establish areas of our Single Track that need restoration work done because they are too steep and need water bars cut in or that are rutted out. Lets make this a good showing to support OUR Single Track trails at Reiter!

Until I meet with him I wont know exactly where and how far in we will be working. I will let everyone know beforehand if Bikes are needed to get to the areas.

We will meet at 9:30am in the main gravel lot. There will be a safety talk and volunteer orientation. This will be a Restoration effort and will require digging in logs for waterbars, dragging branches into trail surfaces, transplanting vegetation.

Please bring if you can:

Hard Hat

Safety Glasses

Ear Plugs

Glloves

Boots

Shovels

Pick Mattock or Pulaksi

Small SledgeHammers

Rain Gear

Water and Food for the day

**Chaisaws may only be used by DNR aproved personel with the proper safety gear (Hard hat, face shield, ear muffs, chaps, etc.)

A SINGLE TRACK work party??? I am there!

Okay riders, this is what we have been asking for...lets show them that we care and make a large showing.

I wasn't planning on attending this one, but with this news I will change my plans.

I may go despite it being on a Sunday. I won't hike in (unless it's just a 1/2 mile or so) and don't expect recreational riding. I will contribute significantly if it results in said portions of trail opening up to motorcycles. 👍

• Like 1

Man...this is great news...very promising. I will be in Whistler that weekend, but I promise to make the next one! I hope a chit load of people show-up.

Man...this is great news...very promising. I will be in Whistler that weekend, but I promise to make the next one! I hope a chit load of people show-up.

Me to, I think Neil has came up with an great idea and this will help all of reiter alot

👍

Thanks for the info Neil. Unfortunately there is also an NMA event the 18th.

Neil, Thanks for the heads up.

I hope there is a good turnout, but explain to David that scheduled on the same day:

NMA points race at Riverdale (racers)

PNTA points round trial at Dallesport (trialers)

Kilted Duck at Walker Valley (enduro riders, racers, trialers, dual sporters)

Unfortunately there will likely always be some conflict since we have so many great events held throughout the year. I'm sure I will be able to get more of these planned for the upcoming work parties. I would like to get out to some events this year as well as time to trail ride but have decided to keep putting forth efforts with Reiter first. Any and all help is apreciated everyone. Make it out when you can. 👍

I'll make sure to be there. Is there a age limit for volunteers? I would like to bring my 13yo who spent some time learning to ride there.

Tim

I'll make sure to be there. Is there a age limit for volunteers? I would like to bring my 13yo who spent some time learning to ride there.

Tim

There is sorta, 13yo should be fine though. You HAVE to make sure that you fill out the Parental Volunteer Agreement form at the start of the day.