YZ250F dies in water

I have a 2002 YZ250F and whenever i go into a deep water hole it dies. it will not start back up again until you wait for a while. Someone was saying it sucks up water from the carb vent hoses, is this true? can anyone help me out? thanks

It is the Carb Vent Tubes. If you run them up and into the air box your problems will likely be solved. Now of course if you are soaking the bike in the water and flooding the Plug there could be some problems there as well but the vent tubes would be the first thing I'd change . . .and have on my bikes!

While you're at it get a filter to run the tubes into. You'd be amazed at how much fine silt gets sucked up through those tubes and end up in your carb and of course the engine.

yes, I take the two that cross over and route them up along the top tube of the frame and zip ty them up there out of the way. Leave the two that go straight down.

You can of course route the two upper lines into the airbox if you prefer, its up to you either way works fine.

He said, 'if you wait for a while'. What does that mean? Doing what? Air cooled or not and 2s or 4s or not, some bikes are sensitive to the instant cooling of the water and unless you keep the rpms up you can't keep the heat up. Eg and on a 2s my kid would bittch about stalling on a simple stream crossing on his blaster when I repeatedly told him to keep the rpms up by slipping clutch...........of course, it's my kid and I'm wrong so after 5 times of this stupid know it all crap I jumped on it and kept the rpms up and blew right through!

'

I mention that because if you are sucking up that much water or causing vapor lock that quick you'd be having water in the cylinder which you can easily check AND you CAN run with a little bit a water going through the carb though it's gonna be gagging.......I really don't see it as those other problems as the fuel in the bowl and line should be enough to make through a 'small' water hole'.

BTW, if those vent tubes are sucking in that much air as to cause such an instant stall, that would worry me as that's unfiltered air going right into your engine!