Sign in to follow this  

SSR DX3 Problems

I recently bought an SSR DX3 from SGR, which is so much fun, but ever since I put it together I could never get it to run good. It take me at least 8 kicks to start it on a good day (sometimes up to 20 kicks). When I get it started it take a long time to warm up. Once I can go riding it starts pissing out gas like there is no tommorow even reserve, so I twist the knob about halfway between off and on then it stops. The other problen I have is that it never comes close to idling even after its been ridden for a while. I thought all these problems would go away after time, but after about 4 months of riding they are still there. Its still lots of fun but these problems are a pain. I don't know where to start. Ive fiddled with the carb four literally days and have gained no ground. Should I buy a jet kit or should I buy a new carb all together? Any help is appreciated.

I recently bought an SSR DX3 from SGR, which is so much fun, but ever since I put it together I could never get it to run good. It take me at least 8 kicks to start it on a good day (sometimes up to 20 kicks). When I get it started it take a long time to warm up. Once I can go riding it starts pissing out gas like there is no tommorow even reserve, so I twist the knob about halfway between off and on then it stops. The other problen I have is that it never comes close to idling even after its been ridden for a while. I thought all these problems would go away after time, but after about 4 months of riding they are still there. Its still lots of fun but these problems are a pain. I don't know where to start. Ive fiddled with the carb four literally days and have gained no ground. Should I buy a jet kit or should I buy a new carb all together? Any help is appreciated.

Have You Contacted Staggs On This Issue? & Where Is Gas Leaking/Pissing From? Improper Float Height? Needle & Seat Have Something In It? Plastic Particles From Tank? Bowl Drain Loose??

The gas is leaking from the overflow hose and I cleaned the carb + made sure everything was tight and in spec. I also have not contacted Staggs yet.

The gas is leaking from the overflow hose and I cleaned the carb + made sure everything was tight and in spec. I also have not contacted Staggs yet.

If All Is Clean & In Spec. Float Sinking? Needle & Seat Closing, May Have Crappy Carb Casting Or Vent Tube Split Or Cracked In Bowl.? These Carbs Are Fairly Cheap , May Be Worth Getting A New One To Eliminate Any Headaches? Just My 2 Cents Worth.

If All Is Clean & In Spec. Float Sinking? Needle & Seat Closing, May Have Crappy Carb Casting Or Vent Tube Split Or Cracked In Bowl.? These Carbs Are Fairly Cheap , May Be Worth Getting A New One To Eliminate Any Headaches? Just My 2 Cents Worth.

dude idk *** ur doing but its really annoying to read your posts when all the words start with a capital

dude idk *** ur doing but its really annoying to read your posts when all the words start with a capital

when you try to post in all caps the program changes it

i agree your float is likley in need of adjustment or cleaning

try to lend a helping hand & I get ragged on for capitol letters? nice....When Your not even The guy im trying to help... Ya slack jawed trouser snake..👍:moon:🤣

Alright I'll take a look at the float. I'll have plenty of time considering I just bent my forks, bars, and front rim crashing over a 20ft tabletop. 👍 Oh well. Do any of you think the V1 front end kit off of Staggs would be any good?

try to lend a helping hand & I get ragged on for capitol letters? nice....When Your not even The guy im trying to help... Ya slack jawed trouser snake..👍:moon:🤣

sorry, im just looking at what people say on the dx3 i just ordered one

What do you like about the DX3 that made you buy one? Not sniping, just wondering.

I see, I gravitate towards the bigger bikes. Not engine size, I mean dimensionally. Longer wheelbases, higher seat heights, more room in the cockpits. Those "smaller" bikes can become a handful when running really strong engines (which I guess could be fun!).

Do any of you think the V1 front end kit off of Staggs would be any good?

I am very interested in this kit also! does anyone have it or know anything about if its a good deal?

Alright I'll take a look at the float. I'll have plenty of time considering I just bent my forks, bars, and front rim crashing over a 20ft tabletop. 👍 Oh well. Do any of you think the V1 front end kit off of Staggs would be any good?

hey bud,

first off the front end is very good and we have alot of guys out there running them not to mention you can't beat the price. Now on you 110dx I have to agree with these guys on the carb issue so check the float level etc and let me know what is going on so we can get it taken care of. It definatley shouldn't be that hard to start and leaking gas which both sound like signs of the carb issue.

Thanks for all the replys. I think i'll go out tomorrow and try adjusting that float and hopefully I will run better. Also I was wondering if it was possible just to buy the forks because I already got some new handlebars and I trued my wheel?

When I first got my dx3 I played with the carb for about an hour. It wasent preset or anything of course, but after playing with the mixture screw and idle screw I got it dialed in. Mine was also dumping gas. The bowl dump screw at the bottom of the carb was open. Just get it dialed in man. thats all you gotta do. Its a great little bike when you get it going

Test post to see if a clickable link with a picture works again.

Click on the pic below...

staggslogo-1.jpg

When I first got my dx3 I played with the carb for about an hour. It wasent preset or anything of course, but after playing with the mixture screw and idle screw I got it dialed in. Mine was also dumping gas. The bowl dump screw at the bottom of the carb was open. Just get it dialed in man. thats all you gotta do. Its a great little bike when you get it going

Same here. Close the bowl dump screw.

Anyone else notice that the forks that come on the DX3 have no dampening???? I haven't open mine up yet, but it's like there is no fluid in there. Springy as all hell.