Oakley Vs. Spy

They are both top quality. The real question is how comfortable they are with your helmet on. I run Oakley Crowbars with my one Industries Trooper helmet, it fits amazing, however, the Smith Goggles I bought last year don't fit very well and I dislike them very much, so they are now my mud goggles.

You should test fit your goggles before buying them.

I prefer Oakley's. It all depends on fit though. I had a pair of Spy Magneto's and it crushed my nose way to much. I felt like I couldn't breath while racing. Then didn't fit my helmet very well either. The Oakley Crowbar's work perfect with my TLD SE2 helmet. However I know Oakley crowbar's will not fit a Bell moto 8 very well.

i like the spy alloys myself i have ran about every goggle out there but always end up going back to the alloy they have fit every helmet i have had and dont fog and last a long time and its prob just me but the way they sit on my face helps open my nose up kinda like one of those nasel strips and helps me breath better but like i said thats prob just me

i use stuff from people who support what i'm into. i prefer off-road (enduro/harescramble) to mx/sx, and oakley has almost no presence there. for sure, they make good goggles and sunglasses, and if their stuff was noticably better than scott, i'd use it, but, truthfully, you can't go wrong these days. like they say, it comes down to "whatever color you like better." it is just nitpicking beyond that. of course, compare apples to apples. you can't compare top of the line oakleys to the $15 scotts.

You can find deals on crowbars for around $30-35, I wouldn't pay anymore than that. I started with Spy Magnetos and now run Crowbars. The crowbars have the outrigger style which seems to make a better seal and fit the helmet better (at least my helmet and face).

I prefer Oakley's. It all depends on fit though. I had a pair of Spy Magneto's and it crushed my nose way to much. I felt like I couldn't breath while racing. Then didn't fit my helmet very well either. The Oakley Crowbar's work perfect with my TLD SE2 helmet. However I know Oakley crowbar's will not fit a Bell moto 8 very well.

I agree with that! I thought it more of a helmet problem than a goggle problem; I now have a Shoei that fits awesome with Crowbars. I will have to try my Moto8 with my Magneto's. I thought in general the Crowbars were a lot nicer than the Magnetos.

I just got a pair of Smith intake (i think). Freaking love them. The foam is what I was concerned about. I want a plush foam and it wicks the sweat better than any of the Scotts I've worn. Never did like the Oakley foam, but their shades, fugettaboutit. I've worn them since they came out with these http://bringscycling.com/images/library/site/oakley_eyeshades_08_p.jpg circa 1987ish!