weird thread. 125,250f,250

ok. i have a crf150r right now. and i ride the life outa that thing. i ride alot of track and a lil woods. im 5.4 but im still growing. i rlly want the least maintinance possible.i dont plan on changing bikes for atleast 5 years. the bikes im looking into are a ktm150sx a yz125 a yz250 a kx250f. im buying brand new. ive had a 65 85 and 150. i like riding 2 and 4 strokes both for different reasons.

.i dont plan on changing bikes for atleast 5 years.

the YZ250 is one of the most versatile bikes made in the last few years.....

i would stick with smokers, because 5 years on a 250f you're going to rebuild it 2+ times. you would have to rebuild the 2t 3-4 times but it cost a lot less....

but the 250f is green.......

yes im biased

thank you guys! but would i have a problem with the yz250s power if i take it easy?

if your trying to ride track, unless your built very solidly your gonna be taking a massive step back going strait to a 250 two stroke, there's going to be alot of guy's saying they're the go, but coming off an 85 sized bike onto a 250 will slow you down alot, the extra weight and power will ware you out and get you into trouble and i'm willing to bet you'll be faster on your curent 150 then on a 250 two stroke on a track, a 125 will be the best compromise between riding and maintainence cost's IMO, and will make you the best rider you can be, where as going to a 250 strait away will teach you bad habits, a 125 will keep you sharp.

the guy's that say "oh i learned on a 250 and i love it" ah all good and well, same with the guys that go "oh i went from an 85 strait to a 250 2t/450F", i'm sure they do love it, but i also bet the kids that went to a 125 first are faster and have alot fewer injuries.

i went from a ttr 90 to a yz 250f, it was fine, i'am very lucky for what i do to have no injuries yet.

i handle the power easy, but thats a 250f

but before i bought the 250f i test rode a cr 250 and was fine

when my friend was like 11 he test rode a crf 450 and a cr 250(when he normally rode a 65), but he's a damn crazy rider, will try anything, really really good rider

point is, if you're careful and have throttle control you should be fine, should, just find a nice open place for the first ride and start off very slow

i went from a ttr 90 to a yz 250f, it was fine, i'am very lucky for what i do to have no injuries yet.

i handle the power easy, but thats a 250f

but before i bought the 250f i test rode a cr 250 and was fine

when my friend was like 11 he test rode a crf 450 and a cr 250(when he normally rode a 65), but he's a damn crazy rider, will try anything, really really good rider

point is, if you're careful and have throttle control you should be fine, should, just find a nice open place for the first ride and start off very slow

i also think the 2t 125 is the way to go, you sound like the teenager who posted questions about this matter latley. if so a 5 year plan may not work, if your still growing in sise and ability do likewise with your bikes. try 125 2t for couple of years then think about your next move.

I'd probably go for the YZ250 too. There's a ton of aftermarket for it and parts are cheap so you should have no problem with repairs or customization.

Are you going to using this for trail or track or both?

I'd take a second look at the KTM because it may be better suited to your skills and size and it'd probably hold it's value the best. As far as I can tell with my neighbors KTMs, they are bullet proof along with the normal maintenance.

ok. im really solidly built. i work out everyday as i have a gym in my basement. im not woried about going slow or getting fast im just in it for funziez. ive decided definatly not a 125. so a 250f or a 250 2t. i dont have a ktm dealer within 150 miles of me so no ktm. im going to be ridingg trails a lil but not much.

ok. im really solidly built. i work out everyday as i have a gym in my basement. im not woried about going slow or getting fast im just in it for funziez. ive decided definatly not a 125. so a 250f or a 250 2t. i dont have a ktm dealer within 150 miles of me so no ktm. im going to be ridingg trails a lil but not much.

I not really a solid build at all, and don't have problem with big bikes......working out isn't really a factor.....But still the yz250 will need the least maintenance, and be the most powerful. A KTM200 or 250sx would probably be even better.

I'm really skinny and not solid at all but tall and pretty strong

i can handle my 01 yz 250f with ease although i wish it was lighter it doesn't worry,

for me a 250f was a complete waste of time, not enough power, fast yes, but not enough power, also you're buying new so you shouldn't have to worry about problems like valves etc, but still 5 years, your gonna at least have to adjust or maybe even replace(if you ride hard) them and rebuild the bike too

the 250 2 stroke was awesome, they pull very very hard and are pretty light aswell, with a nice simple engine that's easy and cheap too fix.

i don't know what it is with KTM's, he just said he didn't have a dealer within 150 miles

a yz 250 is just as good and cheaper too

well if it was me i sure as hell wouldn't be driving 150 miles if something happened to the bike

yz 250's are great bikes nothing wrong with them

i was fine on a Cr 250 from the ttr 90, and your riding the piss out of a 150f so you should be fine as well

just short shift on your first go and accelerate very slowly, just whatever you do don't wind it out when you first get on it, cause this bike packs a punch