Am i too small?

hey all. im 15 turning 16 in november and i want to get a drz 400s... my friend who is 17 has one, i rode it and fell in love instantly. i want one badly but my friends tell me in to small... I seemed to handle the bike well, i weigh around 120-130 (weight shifts MAJORLY) and am about 5'7 ish. i have pretty strong leg muscles i am confident that i can handle it but i just want some insight from this community devoted to drz's!!! thanks!

120-130... Hit the gym, son!

You're tall enough for the bike. I wouldn't say your too light, but it wouldn't hurt to pack on some muscle to help out.

Start lifting right away... save for the drz... get it dialed and tell your friends to suck it.

? i like your guys' attitude, i mostly am muscle hahahaa. i played sports my whole life and just recently quit them all ( health issues) but one of those "friends" is buying a 2003 ktm 250 and in my own opinion is going to kill himself... he way to cocky and he looked scared to death on the 17 year old's kx 250... maybe we'll both show each other up! hes a lil on the big side and aint much taller than me?

^^ laughed pretty hard at your sig.. now that you guys have said about the judging yourself and stuff i think i understand more about his situation.. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/1678173573.html

im looking at this currently ? looks pretty nice and all..

is this your DAD typing ?

yes that is a good furst bike

and if he raps it around a tree it was only $2,000 ish

the kid will have to lurn some how

the best addvice I can give to a newbee is to NOT SHOW OFF in frunt of frends ---- that is whin smart becomes dums in a blicking of an eye

I just had a 40 year old frend diy wile doing wheelys at this works parcking lot with all his cororkers watching

hah. he live on a road where no one really gives a rats ass bout anything... so we were racing up and down ( me and fet boi on the 250) and i hit 75 in like a 250 yrd stretch.. id throttle up and it would lightly throw me back the seat some, and almost felt like i was adding g forces?? also, im jumping form a kx 60 to this bike ? big change for me...i can move the drz in the shed like sliding the back wheel around with no problem.. im not going to be stupid enough to lay it down till i atleast get bigger. no wheelies for a while!

is this your DAD typing ?

yes that is a good furst bike

and if he raps it around a tree it was only $2,000 ish

the kid will have to lurn some how

the best addvice I can give to a newbee is to NOT SHOW OFF in frunt of frends ---- that is whin smart becomes dums in a blicking of an eye

I just had a 40 year old frend diy wile doing wheelys at this works parcking lot with all his cororkers watching

haha no way jose.. why would you ask that kind of question??

holy shit... that sucks... being all bad ass n stuff.... my dad once told me a story when he was in the airforce, they all cam back to the states, bought street bikes... his friend was a lil cocky and he pulled it up right outta the parking lot lost it and broke like everything on his one side of his body.. FAIL!

i dont want to be stupid.. tring to respect the bike n all.. anytime i got into the power ban on my 60 scared the HELL outta me!! respect the bike and dont be a jack ass with it and i should be fine eh?

holy shit... that sucks... being all bad ass n stuff.... my dad once told me a story when he was in the airforce, they all cam back to the states, bought street bikes... his friend was a lil cocky and he pulled it up right outta the parking lot lost it and broke like everything on his one side of his body.. FAIL!

i dont want to be stupid.. tring to respect the bike n all.. anytime i got into the power ban on my 60 scared the HELL outta me!! respect the bike and dont be a jack ass with it and i should be fine eh?

You got it kiddo.

You're young and growing fast. If you can touch your tip toes then you can ride. Riding in the street can be hairy though. You got to use the muscle in your head, not your legs, to stay alive. Take it easy and drive defensively. If you drive in the street long enough you will go down, just like the dirt. So you need an escape plan always. Helmet, boots, gloves, goggles, chest protector, all the gear. Lifetime of fun awaits. And anytime someone tells you you can't do something, show them they are full of shit.

I'm around 5' 8-9" and can stand just find leaning slightly. I've seen others post get use to it. It feels shorter as your drz to ass ratio increases. So far that post is absolutely true in my case. Get one. Ride the snot outta it and your friends can suck it. I'd get a few more rides in there. But thats just me. (and you). I love my drz.