im losing faith in TT I cant get an answer worth a f**k

Read my earlier posts about this issue, is there nobody with the nohow, the brain, the smarts or the friends to help a fellow TT member?!?! I am dissappointed to say the least about how many people havent helped me, but told a chick with a 2 stroke why her bike doesnt run right. ***?!?! Losing interest in TT is my feeling at this point...HELP...

Don't get your panties in a bunch. You stated you are sure it is running rich and it has a 145 main in it now and stock it comes with a 125. You said you wanted to try the stock jet. Did you? If so, how did it run? If not, why not? What does the spark plug look like? Is the oil contaminated? Are you getting a hot enough spark? Is the engine mechanically sound? Does it have proper compression? Have you checked for proper valve clearance? If you would like, feel free to drop it off, I'd be more than happy to fix it for you.

Since it seems you need to have a suggestion to look at any possibilities, this post should give you a start. I will await your reply with your findings.

Remember, You are the one that can physically be with the vehicle, we can only go off of your less than adequate description of the symptoms.

Im under the impression that compression is ok as I stated in the beginning of that post that it was screaming when I went to look at it like it had a severe vacuum leak, but it revved up great and rode great, had plenty of power, just wouldnt idle down. Im checking the valves today, but also believe them to be pretty close, or wouldnt have ran as good as it did.

I also mentioned already it has fouled the plug, which means it looks black and wet. the oil is not contaminated, im assuming you mean with fuel due to an improper height setting of the float, pushing fuel into the cylinder, but as I mentioned also, I went through the carb, and the float is set properly and is not sticking.

I wasnt looking for and endless list of things to check, as im very aware of the possibilities of the cause and there are many. Im confused about what may have took place while I was looking at it. I show up its idling high but accepts throttle willingly, then I shut it off, it starts hard, idles smooth and dies if you give it gas. Timing maybe?! As i said im gonna check the valves today.

What I was hoping for was a few knowledgable people that had experienced something similar, or been in a similar situation, and what they found out in that particular situation.

Im prepared to check all the possible causes, I was kinda hoping that TT could narrow it down or give me some clues or insight so that my family could enjoy the knewly aquired quad I bought.

So you posted on a forum asking for help but you don't want suggestions on how to fix your problem? There's a vast difference between things being right and assuming they are. Start with the cheapest fixes and move up. Clean the carbs, replace the jets if you can, look for hard cracked rubber seals, do a compression check.

Like the other guy said, there's only so much advice someone can give you with vague discriptions and that gives the impression that they want someone else to fix the problem for them. Good luck with your fix.

If it were me, I would start with a compression test. If low, I would check valve clearance, and get the mechanical out of the way first. Tight valves can cause a hard start and a high RPM running problem. Once you know that the mechanical condition of the engine is adequate, then start looking at fuel. Going from a 125 to a 145 main with an exhaust seems excessive to me.

Sounds like one of the members of the latest generation. Always wants everything handed to them. He wants his problem answered without him having to do any investigating to find out what is wrong. "Ignition is to blame". If it were totally an ignition problem it wouldn't have any problem returning to idle. If he's been in the carb, then that is more than likely where the problems are rooted. I think there's a short between his ear canals as well.

If the plug has a black, wet, gooey coating on it, you have an oil control issue. This means that the valve guides and seals are shot and/or the piston rings are toast. Since you said the oil wasn't contaminated, I would go with the valve guides/seals being wore out. This will allow a portion of oil to be drawn into the cylinder on each intake stroke as the vacuum pulls the oil down the valve stem into the combustion chamber. A small amount may also drain into the combustion chamber after the engine cools. Generally you will not see evidence of this as the amount of oil consumed is small. However, if it gives off a puff of smoke when you start it up after it has been sitting long enough to cool, that is a good indication.