06 KX250F, Burning coolant? HELP!

Hey guys, need some help. I dont even know where to start looking, but here's the details. Basically, the bike runs pretty dang good: good throttle response, good pull, good over-rev. But, I can see smoke rings coming out of my exhaust that smell like coolant and after about 30 minutes of riding, my radiators are almost totally dry.

At first I thought it was boiling over, nope, the hose is completely dry and nothing dripping out of it, nonetheless, I put a new 1.3 cap on it.

Any Ideas?

The oil appears to be okay, not milky or anything. Im wondering though, on the outside of the head, on the right side, directly underneath where the main coolant hose is attached, there is a hole? it doesn't appear to be threaded and I can stick an ice pick into it well over an inch? normal?

• 2 months later...
The oil appears to be okay, not milky or anything. Im wondering though, on the outside of the head, on the right side, directly underneath where the main coolant hose is attached, there is a hole? it doesn't appear to be threaded and I can stick an ice pick into it well over an inch? normal?

Replace the head gasket.

The hole leads in to the spark plug well. You don´t need to worry about it.

engines run real well when they get a little coolant in them, just look at chad reed when he raced indy on that coolant drinking yamaha, thing ran like a bat out of hell. Its a shame he lost...That coolant will eat a nice hole right through that soft aluminum head because coolant is extremely abrasive, so dont run your bike till you fix the problem

engines run real well when they get a little coolant in them, just look at chad reed when he raced indy on that coolant drinking yamaha, thing ran like a bat out of hell. Its a shame he lost...That coolant will eat a nice hole right through that soft aluminum head because coolant is extremely abrasive, so dont run your bike till you fix the problem

Huh thats cool... well not in his case lol but i never knew that

Coolant in the combustion chamber will cool it down and will create steam which will blast carbon build up off. This in term will increase power if the amount of coolant is neglidgable obviosly to much will well decrease power. Look up water injection on turbo cars some day.