TTR newbe question

Hey there, I just picked up a basicaly brand new 08 TTR 125 L for my wife and she took it out for the first time this weekend. My wife is 5'4" but when she rides it she seems to be hunched over when standing up. Is there any options for these bikes to get the bars up as I noticed that the bottom handle bar bracket is attached to the triple tree, not removable like most bikes. Or is my only option to buy different bars.

Any one else experience this with their bike.

Also, does all the jetting changes I have read about apply to the re-designed 08 as well. It takes a while for the bike to warm up but once it does it starts first kick.

Thanks

As far as the bars go, you may want to look into a 7/8 to 1/8 adapter which will raise the bars up about 1/2 and inch, then of course get a set of bars. You may wnat to look int oa ATV bend with a higher reach.

Hey there, I just picked up a basicaly brand new 08 TTR 125 L for my wife and she took it out for the first time this weekend. My wife is 5'4" but when she rides it she seems to be hunched over when standing up. Is there any options for these bikes to get the bars up as I noticed that the bottom handle bar bracket is attached to the triple tree, not removable like most bikes. Or is my only option to buy different bars.

Any one else experience this with their bike.

Also, does all the jetting changes I have read about apply to the re-designed 08 as well. It takes a while for the bike to warm up but once it does it starts first kick.

Thanks

Your wife's problem with the low bars is a common one. My wife pretends to be 5-4 on her drivers license, but she's closer to 5-2, maybe 5-3 on a good day in thick socks.­čĹŹ

I decided to go the route of better bars (if the 08's are anything like previous years, the bars are made out of undercooked spaghetti noodles), so I selected the ProTaper Contour bars with the Pastrana FMX bend http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=122

Then used the universal adapters to convert the 7/8 triple clamp to the 1-1/8 handlebar (which adds a bit more height). http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Western_Power_Sports_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=403&s=2